Got Me New Exhaust Fitted Yesterday :D

im going to be on the phone tomorrow, as the whole inside of the car is vibrating!
i was told on the phone that it wouldn't be droney and that its not that loud inside.
its a shame because it sounds awesome on the outside but on the inside its hell, the vibration goes through ur body, the noise is in ur head etc.

and its bout time stumac lmao...
raptor how can you say that, i much prefer the round tips. each to there own i suppose.

im going to be on the phone tomorrow, as the whole inside of the car is vibrating!
i was told on the phone that it wouldn't be droney and that its not that loud inside.
its a shame because it sounds awesome on the outside but on the inside its hell, the vibration goes through ur body, the noise is in ur head etc.

and its bout time stumac lmao...
raptor how can you say that, i much prefer the round tips. each to there own i suppose.

the vibration could be due to it touching the body underneath - perhaps its moved/settled on the hangers since being fitted

I agree...:thumbup:

I like the Miltek ones better but the sound is very bad (IMHO, to many popping sounds when idle - yours is much better, but louder):

STOCK
26042009115.gif

MILTEK
26042009116.gif

is the miltek loud inside the car? and does it resonate much?

IMHO, not so loud as the KTech - it doesn't resonate at all, as a matter of fact, that friend removed rear seats just to make it louder in the interior (and because of the weight).

As far as I can see all KTR exhaust are keen to resonate in the cabin - a friend of mine has KTR Pro in his 197 - the sound is awesome - but when on the outside - and IMHO, if that's not your everyday car.

what if i have a silencer put in the middle? will it bring the sound down a little bit and cut the resonation? but i want the same noise at the same time...

what if i have a silencer put in the middle? will it bring the sound down a little bit and cut the resonation? but i want the same noise at the same time...

Don't do it - use this instead: DYNAMAT It's not that heavy, you won't be having any more loud sounds/resonation in the interior, but will be loud outside, and it won't affect your performance as would the silencer.

It works like a charm.

ah i know what dynamat is lol and i thought about that too!
also the problem is now fixed, no more resonation :smiley:
im gona do some dynamat anyways, to reduce some of the interior noise.

also where would i apply it raptor? above the backbox only or the whole pipe?

In the interior, above the backbox would be enough. Underneath the cars carpets in the trunk.

A friend of mine did his Astra G (350hp) all with dynamat and it's like a new higher class car now.

And BTW, he does his own exhausts!!!

DSC00244.jpg

PICT4409.jpg

PICT4408.jpg

PICT4406.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

PICT4445.jpg

Last edited: