Glad he's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
just wanted put a post on here, I know it's a Renault forum but the guy might have friends on here that know him.
saturday night I was driving towards Congelton on the way to Alderley edge. Out of nowhere mk1 civic type r behind me . Got involved in some speeds should we say . Anyway this went on for a few miles . And he was pushing very hard and taking a lot of risks to try and keep up. After a few miles I decided to ease off. He overtook me and that was that . Couple of miles further down the road . I was flagged down by a couple in the middle of nowhere. When I stopped to see if they were ok. They asked if I could phone the police there had been an accident . It was very dark and I could make out part of a telegraph pole that had come down and the cables were across the road . Further on a car had gone through a fence and landed in a field . When I looked I realised it was the lad in the civic . The car was was complety wrecked and I feared the worst . Thank god he had climbed out and was ok. The police etc arrived and I left . Just wanted say if anyone knows this lad. I'm glad he was ok. He was gutted about his car and said to me it was his pride and joy. But hopefully he can replace it but I'm sure he's more grateful to walk away from what looked a horrific crash.

hope other guy ok! After nearly loosing a close friend in a accident with speeds over ton(he driving rs turbo chasin a cosworth) I never push limit anymore, never worth it, track is only place to push limit

hope other guy ok! After nearly loosing a close friend in a accident with speeds over ton(he driving rs turbo chasin a cosworth) I never push limit anymore, never worth it, track is only place to push limit
absolutely
No track=dont push over

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I were you I'd be praying that no-one saw you racing him and reported it - the police put 2 and 2 together and you'll lose your license, this very thing happened to a guy I knew on another forum a few years ago.

Not worth the risk these days, so many speed cameras and hidden police lurking about. Don't get me wrong, I like to drive the car enthusiastically when the conditions allow and I'm sure we've all had a bit of a play against something else to see how it matches up. But driving to the absolute limit on public roads is just dangerous and immature, frankly he shouldn't be on the road as he's not got the maturity to drive in my eyes. Hopefully he'll learn from it and calm down a bit.

I'd advise being very careful when posting stories like this on public forums. You don't know who reads them...

Thankfully no one was hurt this time, but it could have been very different. Something for us all to think about.

I will close the thread now as I don't believe there's anything more for anyone to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.