She's running a bit warm

Hi guys,

After some advice - my 197 usually runs at about 1/4 but in the past few days she's been running at 1/2.

Not too concerned as it doesn't seem too hot compared to any other car I've owned, just for one of these!

Any thoughts? Water level etc is fine.

Thanks

1/4 seems a bit cold to be honest. They usually sit just below half on the temp gauge. The warm weather we've been experiencing is probably the reason is a bit warmer than usual.

If I'm on a run, no cars in front of me, sitting at low revs min will sit at just above quarter, anything else it's closer to half way, so yours doesn't seem hot at all in my eye

its running at its optimal temperature at half way, you should see an improvement in drive quality and possibly MPG too! :smile:

As above really

Half way is pretty normal

If it's at a quarter, spank it harder!

Mines the same, usually sits about 1/4 and only goes up to half if im thrashing it/sat in traffic or in hot weather.

Out of interest, approx where on the gauge do peoples fans come on?

Because I see people saying their cars sit at 1/2 on the gauge, but with mine, when it gets to just above half, the fan comes on.

As above really

Half way is pretty normal

If it's at a quarter, spank it harder!

The granny driving needs to stop then... I live in the sticks and drive 10 miles on country roads every day - time to spank it (for the good of my car obviously)

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the fan should kick in at 88-90 degrees

But yes Sarah get your car on the country roads and use the phrase that I do with my lotus customers at Work....

'now madam, to run in your supercharged exige you need to treat it like a new born baby for the 1st 500 miles. Be gentle and take care of it.......after that I want you beat it like a delinquent child'

Lol

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the fan should kick in at 88-90 degrees

But yes Sarah get your car on the country roads and use the phrase that I do with my lotus customers at Work....

'now madam, to run in your supercharged exige you need to treat it like a new born baby for the 1st 500 miles. Be gentle and take care of it.......after that I want you beat it like a delinquent child'

Lol

Yes boss!!

mines about at half in this hot weather now, feels quite a bit slower to be honest when all that hot, turning ac off doesn't help a lot... yours feel the same?

Seems normal. Hot weather mine has been running closer too half. Usually it runs just over a quarter unless I'm driving harder.