First symptons of gear box failure

On my way to work this morning i got just outside the gates and when i changed into 4th i felt a bit of resistance as such through the gear stick. So i muted the music and changed back into 4th. It had no trouble going into gear at all but made a slight noise, more of a squeek rather than crunching.

Anyway left it and thought id see if it done it on the way home ... But nothin on the way home (15 miles). Went to get petrol and took it for a drive and again still nothing but then on the way home i felt it again. The only way i can describe it is as if its metal on rubber if this makes sense as its not struggling for gears or anything just makes a sort of squeek. When i happens it also does it in 2nd but no other gears apart from 4th and 6th. I also noticed it only does it when the car is warm.

Ive drove the car for about 40 miles since and it hasnt happened again and when it does do it, it only does it a few times and then goes away so im abit confused.
Seems as if something needs lubricating bt id like to know what were peoples first symptons before they had gear box issues.

On my way to work this morning i got just outside the gates and when i changed into 4th i felt a bit of resistance as such through the gear stick. So i muted the music and changed back into 4th. It had no trouble going into gear at all but made a slight noise, more of a squeek rather than crunching.

Anyway left it and thought id see if it done it on the way home ... But nothin on the way home (15 miles). Went to get petrol and took it for a drive and again still nothing but then on the way home i felt it again. The only way i can describe it is as if its metal on rubber if this makes sense as its not struggling for gears or anything just makes a sort of squeek. When i happens it also does it in 2nd but no other gears apart from 4th and 6th. I also noticed it only does it when the car is warm.

Ive drove the car for about 40 miles since and it hasnt happened again and when it does do it, it only does it a few times and then goes away so im abit confused.
Seems as if something needs lubricating bt id like to know what were peoples first symptons before they had gear box issues.

UMMM could be ,mine started to feel 'funny' changing into 4th didn't think to much of it then the overnight gremlins moved in and put a nice crunching sound in the box.

Are you still in warranty?If so i would get it to a dealer just to be sure and get it logged for future reference mate.

I had no symptoms, i just changed from 5th to 4th and got the crunch and i thought my change was perfect and when i did it again, it happened every time.

Speak to RUK they are really good to deal with and mine was out of warranty 08 and they went 50/50.

If it has started to go your options at the moment are 2nd hand box (personally i wouldn't as it may have a similar issue) new one off ebay £600 or try RUK and see what they say.

It hasn't done it since so im a bit confused.

Im just going to change the fluid on the weekend, see if there any metallic filings etc in the oil. Fill it up and run it until it goes but i dont think its going tbh maybe something just got a bit sticky/dry. It felt more like the gear stick was stickin rather than anything in the box. I gave the car a good run yesterday over the mountain roads with some harsh redline gear changes, the car didn't miss a beat. So if anything was wrong surely it would of done it yesterday ?

Just have to hold it out and see