F1 season 2013 (comments for this season all here!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go out on a limb and say Kimi or Grosjean if it dries up a bit more.

I think if the rain starts again or it's changeable then Rosberg will take it or Jenson will pull off one of his tyre masterstrokes.

Yeah that's a decent shout. Think Rosberg or Vettel may take it. Although would like Hamilton to get pole...I really can't see that happening haha.

It'll be interesting to see how Lewis fairs thie year, I hope he does well but it's a big change for him.

Rosberg on top in the wet, bang on there with that one hahaha!!! :smiley:

Vettel on pole, good call there as well! Haha Pretty decent result for Hamilton and Mercedes!!

Red Bulls on top yet again....

Oooh...

01; Vettel
02; MAAAAARK
03; Lewis
04; Mardarse
05; CanyouhearthedrumsFernando
06; Rosberg
07; Kimi
08; Grosjean
09; Coulthard 2.0
10; Jenson

This could be quite an interesting start!!! :smiley:

Multi 21 Seb... multi 21

Have you ever seen an atmosphere like that in motor racing!? Love it.

It is horse **** though, cheap shot from vettell overtaking when webbers car was set on a lower map.

Dislike Red bull anyway.

Brilliant to watch but very poor show from Seb'. Fair enough he wants to win and you can't argue with that but had they collided (again) then he'd have looked a complete c?nt and without the team he's got nothing. The team has to come first sometimes. Mark turning his car down and Seb' taking advantage was bad sportsmanship to me, it was like that scene in Gladiator where he stabs him before the fight starts...

On the other hand, great shows by Nico and Lewis. That's team play.

great job sorts the no1 driver from the no2 drivers.....:german:

theres a reason he is 3 times champion :lol::bat:

Poor Webber and damn you Seb for not obeying the orders....

NOT

First of all Webber is also to blame for one main reason. And that is because he did try to race Seb, he did try to take the position back, he was driving inches (if not cms) away from him therefore he could have easily caused an accident. If Webber puts the team first why didn't he ease off a bit, minimizing the risk? But no, he chose to drive wheel to wheel instead...Brilliant!

And tbh I really don't get it. Webber decided to turn his engine down. Why? RB's only worry was the tyre degradation so why not leaving the engine alone and just be easy on tyres? Why didn't he choose to turn his engine back up and maintain his gap to Vettel while talking to his engineer? Eeeeer...maybe because he couldn't? Sorry but this is silly and really bad for the sport. For me not only Vettel was quicker but he would have been quicker even if Webber hadn't mapped his car down, he did exactly what Senna would have done (I'm not comparing drivers here), people want to see action and not nursing the two fastest cars around the track.

And then Webber goes to dad Horner and cry like a little girl? That was embarrassing and ridiculous, he did exactly the same thing last year in Brazil when he was clearly told not to race Seb but he did (which I did enjoy)! So what on earth was he on about? Jeez Mr Webber grow a pair and sort yourself out.

And for me Nico is a poof. He was seriously quicker than Hamilton and he should have overtaken him. Brawn on a side note showed his colours once again, trying to protect his big investment. How many Ferrari teams are out there for god's sake...

Last edited:
The reason Mark turned down his engine was to protect the tyres. Lowering the torque map makes it less likely to spin the wheels = kinder on the tyres.

It was a cheap shot by Seb, Mark didn't want to write the car off and eventually realised that and backed off. Mark was the quicker driver all race, Seb caught him because he'd been told to slow down so IMO deserved the win over Seb.

I'd rather there weren't any team orders and drivers were allowed to race as they want...

However, there ARE team orders and the drivers have to behave like professionals, not selfish brats. At the end of the day, neither drivers bank-rolled, developed or built the cars they're driving (and in Sebs case winning world tittles in) the TEAM DID. They need to show a little bit of respect to the team and each other, there's 20 other drivers out there to race.

Lewis and Rosberg showed a modicum of maturity and professionalism this weekend, and although I don't like that there are team orders (or that Ross Brawn LOVES it) I do respect the drivers for doing their job and respecting the team, not behaving like they're the be-all and end-all of Formula 1 and can do what they want.

if i was webber, i would of plan and simple, took him out, seb is starting to have the same attuide at schumy

The reason Mark turned down his engine was to protect the tyres. Lowering the torque map makes it less likely to spin the wheels = kinder on the tyres.

The same when you brake earlier allowing the engine to do the job, when you are downshift differently and especially when you are easy to the throttle when exiting a corner. Why didn't Vettel turn his engine down then? Maybe because he had a ''smarter'' race than Webber? And it's not like Webber backed off, he raced him till the last moment as we all saw.

At the end of the day, neither drivers bank-rolled, developed or built the cars they're driving (and in Sebs case winning world tittles in) the TEAM DID. They need to show a little bit of respect to the team and each other, there's 20 other drivers out there to race.

I beg to differ here Robo. Last year Vettel won the championship and Webber was 6th, 100 points behind. 2011 was even worse for Webber so yes, even if the team gives you a race winning car you'd have to be a top driver to deliver. And Red Bull has three more reasons to celebrate because of Vettel. Fact.

If it was the other way around on Sunday and Webber had been instructed not to overtake Seb he would have had a long face and whinge about 2nd drivers etc.

In my eyes when you have two cars on the track and one if faster than the other, boom bring it on, as long as they don't take unnecessary risks and the championship is not judged by that very moment. This is racing right? But what do I know..

Vettel should not have overtaken. His wages are paid by Red Bull, so what he did was deliberately disobey his boss and put the entire race in jeopardy for his own gain. Red Bull had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

They're fair points, although I could pick half a dozen drivers (or more) from the current F1 grid who could/would have won the tittles that Vettel did if they were in his car for those seasons. He's not greater than the team, he's part of it, as such he should do what he's told IMO.

I don't really agree with team orders, and I do think drivers should be allowed to race, however that's not the way the sport is right now. To me it seemed like Vettels move was made out of arrogance, he didn't give a sh*t about the team and he made his own choice for his own gratification, not because (like me and you) he doesn't agree with team orders, he was all for them when they were telling Mark to move out of his way (which he did in the past, despite being the faster car/driver on the day).

If that's the way he's going to be, I'd happily see Red Bull drop him from the next race. Lets see how good he is without the car they've built him.

yiannis, think your missing the point, both drivers got told to turn their engines down to mode 21. seb never and mark did, both got told that the "formation was to be held as it was". now thats open to interpertation could be webber hen seb, and vice versa.

Fact is seb never listened to a team order. which is the underliing issue.

They're fair points, although I could pick half a dozen drivers (or more) from the current F1 grid who could/would have won the tittles that Vettel did if they were in his car for those seasons. He's not greater than the team, he's part of it, as such he should do what he's told IMO.

I don't really agree with team orders, and I do think drivers should be allowed to race, however that's not the way the sport is right now. To me it seemed like Vettels move was made out of arrogance, he didn't give a sh*t about the team and he made his own choice for his own gratification, not because (like me and you) he doesn't agree with team orders, he was all for them when they were telling Mark to move out of his way (which he did in the past, despite being the faster car/driver on the day).

If that's the way he's going to be, I'd happily see Red Bull drop him from the next race. Lets see how good he is without the car they've built him.

he wont be bothered when driving for ferrari next year :w00t:

two drivers have had the same car and one has been champion 3 times and the other....well lets just say he knows his position in the pecking order :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions