ESP button.

Yea it will grab brake but also limits revs does t it so you'll probably notice that a lot more brakes won't be slamming on just nipping on and off so won't notice

I did a track day at Oulton, both dry and very very wet. I left the ESP on most of the time and didn't feel it was too intrusive. Accelerating hard out of the chicane (after island bend) made the tcs cut in but other than that 'twas fine. Also lets you take massive liberties in the wet...

On the road the TCS is only a problem if I try to pull away smartly from a junction or something - tends to kangaroo. The ESP has actually saved my skin at least once on the road, which is enough to warrant leaving it on.

Does a 200 still shake its arse under extreme braking with the TCS/ESP switched off?

Last edited:
I did a track day at Oulton, both dry and very very wet. I left the ESP on most of the time and didn't feel it was too intrusive. Accelerating hard out of the chicane (after island bend) made the tcs cut in but other than that 'twas fine. Also lets you take massive liberties in the wet...

100% true.

That's why I always turn it OFF when driving really hard/fast.

I always turned it off when pushing on. I few moments when I 1st got it where your driving quick, the ESP kicks in and throws the car completely off balance!

So in layman's terms. Leave it on?

On the road, yes. Personally I've had it cause more issues on the track than it solved, e.g. it causing snap oversteer due to cutting the throttle when a front wheel slipped on an apex, required more opposite lock than I'd have wished......

Last edited:
Interesting what skiptontweed said about kangaroo. Mine does this really bad if you give it the beans over a hump back bridge. It's quite severe. It almost feels like it's mis-firing. Anyone else had this? I guess it's just due to the loss of traction as the car gets 'lighter' but it's a real jerk.

Interesting what skiptontweed said about kangaroo. Mine does this really bad if you give it the beans over a hump back bridge. It's quite severe. It almost feels like it's mis-firing. Anyone else had this? I guess it's just due to the loss of traction as the car gets 'lighter' but it's a real jerk.

thats the traction control taking over....get it a plenty if you keep your foot planted over the buttertubs :lol:

I always leave it on for road driving but prefer it off for track. When at bedford I found it intrusive coming out of the tight bends before the long back straight, tiny bit of wheel spin with it turned off but it was definitely faster.

Then at the 'ring I turned it off, I'd been sideways with it on and didn't think it really did anything. Then the next lap went sideways on the same corner with it off and caught it just as well - think I was quicker than it! Also, the karussel at the 'ring does crazy things to the esp and just puts the brakes on even though there is no wheel spin or sideways action!!