Holding the ESP/TCS button down...

Possibly inspired by Top Gear on Sunday, I tried holding the button down to see if you could turn off the TCS(can't remember the Renault specific acronym) or ESP individually but when I did, for about 10 seconds, the light just went off and I could no longer toggle it on or off.

When I turned the car off and restarted it worked normally again. Does anyone know what happens when you hold it down for 10 seconds or so?

Some say that it completely disables the traction control when pressed and held for 10 seconds, as opposed to partially disabling it with just a short press so the light comes on the dash

I never tried this on track but I does feel like the TC still kicks in when you don't hold the button, that or I just have extremely good traction out of corners.

When you press the ASR/ESP button - it completely disables the ASR/ESP - tested on track.

I don't see the need for holding down the button?

One of the few perks the 200 Cup has over the 200FF is actually having a button to toggle this on/off right? :smile:

^^^ no both 200 cup and 200FF have the same esp switch to turn it off

Holding it down just appears to disable the button from.working for the journey but it leaves traction control on.

The cars are so alive with the tc/esp off I love it!! :smiley: just wish you could back abs off a bit!