Engine temperature?

i think its may vary from car to car, but lukes does look like it was knackard, reading that low, mine used to vary from just above the first line to the second line depending on whether i had the climate/aircon on, as this brings the rad fan on.

oem 182 stat, you dont know what quality control pattern parts have gone through, as pattern exhaust, panels never fit right. the standard 197 arent crap, there just lower temp, theres only a few that played up the same as any other make and model.

You could argue that a lot of "non-oem" parts are made by the same factories that make OEM, are are pretty much the same.

I would just begrudge paying through the nose for something that says Renault on it when something from GSF will do the exact same thing and probably comes from the same place.

You could argue that a lot of "non-oem" parts are made by the same factories that make OEM, are are pretty much the same.

I would just begrudge paying through the nose for something that says Renault on it when something from GSF will do the exact same thing and probably comes from the same place.

very true, i would personally look into who makes the stats, i would never buy pattern parts

I bought a new 182 thermostat from K-tec, fitted and works a peach.

My 2011 200 was running just over the first line before unless I smashed her and then let her sit stationary for a minute. Now it's bang in the middle, will this really help my fuel economy?

I have my CC on 22.5 normally, had to turn it down to 21 cos I was getting too hot now the new thermostat is in.

I've had a 182 stat in mine for a month or so now. Runs a lot warmer than the old 197 stat. For £16 + vat it's a no brainer imo.

has ayone who fitted the 182 thermostat noticed any improvement in fuel consumption

Just incase anyone needs a quick guide.

You'll need:
8mm spanner + Coolant
20130126103446.jpg

Remove the intake pipes (the big yellow one and the black one coming from the front bumper

20130126102623.jpg

That's where the housing is. Undo all 3 bolts, DO NOT drop the one underneath!!

Take out rubber seal and replace with new one. Put thermostat in way it came out.

Put everything back together and top up the coolant.

Goes without saying, do it when the engine is cold.

Simples

Take out rubber seal and replace with new one. Put thermostat in way it came out.

Having done this job myself, I'm confused by this sentence. The seal and thermostat go in together, the seal fits around the outside edge of the thermostat. The way you have explained it makes it sound like the two are separate?

Cheers Rouge - great help for when i do mine next weekend
Did you lose a lot of coolant?
Is there not a gasket between the housing?

No, the thermostat is recessed so doesn't need a gasket. The rubber seal does it.

I used about a litre all in all, but didn't check to see if I was low to start with.

Did any of you that changed the 75 °C thermostat to a 89 °C one do track days during the warmer months ? How was the engine temperature ?
I am considering changing my thermostat but I am thinking that there might have been a reason why Renault chose a lower temperature one. Nowadays every manufacturer tries to get its engines running as hot as possible for increased thermal efficiency resulting in reduced fuel consumption. There must be a reason for Renault to do the opposite.