Engine temperature?

Check it every couple of days. First time I'd checked mine since I fitted it and I had zero coolant!

which stat you fit vladimir, the 75 or 89 one? it will take longer to warm up thou when its cold

I ordered stat from Renault based on my VIN no.
It is a 200/2009 so i guess it is 75 d.C.
The car warms up quickly but it is still having trouble achieving cabin temperature. For instance, my GTI5 could make a sauna within 3 min.. :smile:
I wonder how come Renault put 75 d.C. thermostat in 197/200..usually engine operating temp is higher.. maybe they were hoping to reduce fuel consumption. FAILED!

:german:

Guys who have 182 clio thermostat in 197 / 200.

Are you sure it is safe to use.. no overheat in trackdays etc?
I am somewhat interested about it because we dont have hot summers and have cold winters. I have to ask how much price is in Renault.. k-tec shipping quote is 38£ for thermostat :smiley:...

I ordered stat from Renault based on my VIN no.
It is a 200/2009 so i guess it is 75 d.C.
The car warms up quickly but it is still having trouble achieving cabin temperature. For instance, my GTI5 could make a sauna within 3 min.. :smile:
I wonder how come Renault put 75 d.C. thermostat in 197/200..usually engine operating temp is higher.. maybe they were hoping to reduce fuel consumption. FAILED!

:german:

would need to run it hot for economy not cold!

yeh run engine, slowly undo them and tightened back up one at a time, also take the expansion tank cap of incase you need to top it up

when you say them, how many? I undid the housing of my thermostat and let all the water drain again, re-did it, topped up to Type D then undid that one bolt whilst the engine was on.

I let the coolant drain down then topped up twice again and redid the bolt up.

That it? :001_huh:

when you say them, how many? I undid the housing of my thermostat and let all the water drain again, re-did it, topped up to Type D then undid that one bolt whilst the engine was on.

I let the coolant drain down then topped up twice again and redid the bolt up.

That it? :001_huh:

theres a bleed screw on one of the heater pipes that goes to/from the rear bulkhead

Mine keeps moving from the third white line to just below and then back up again. You can actually watch it moving its that obvious. Seems to be lower when booting it and higher when idling/slow.
Can someone in the know confirming this a problem or not? Thanks.

Mine keeps moving from the third white line to just below and then back up again. You can actually watch it moving its that obvious. Seems to be lower when booting it and higher when idling/slow.

I'm currently having the same problem so will be calling Renault ob Tuesday to get it booked in

Doesn't sound like something to worry about imo. When you boot it the airflow and therefore cooling is vastly greater despite the greater engine load I imagine this time of the year too would have an effect.

All 197 and 200 do this its nothing to worry about the only way to get it to stay in the middle is to fit a 182 thermostat but surley renault know what there doing wen they decided to put a cooler one in

Doesn't sound like something to worry about imo. When you boot it the airflow and therefore cooling is vastly greater despite the greater engine load I imagine this time of the year too would have an effect.

the water pump empeller is also moving faster due to higher engine revs and therefore moving more coolant

Mine fluctuates when cruising at a constant speed on the motorway.

Sorry to replay on old post.
Today I put 89°C termostat on my 08 197, but have problem.
For easy ride turns the fan (should not happen).
Do you need to change the thermal element that runs a fan that turns warmer than 89 and not before. Do you feed 182? At much the first 182 turns the fan speed?

Hes saying hes fitted an 89 degree thermostat from a 182, but now his fan comes on during normal driving.

So hes saying does he need to change the fan switch to suit the new thermostat temperature and what temp does the fan come on on a 182.

At least thats what I got.