Does religion play any part in your life?

I'm Atheist however,

Religion plays a part in my life in a way.

Mainly because of where I'm from, I am by no means bigoted but central Scotland is. Theres a lot of tongue in cheek banter that flys about but theres also a lot of hatred.

I'm sure every Scot on here would agree with me.

I'm Atheist however,

Religion plays a part in my life in a way.

Mainly because of where I'm from, I am by no means bigoted but central Scotland is. Theres a lot of tongue in cheek banter that flys about but theres also a lot of hatred.

I'm sure every Scot on here would agree with me.

The Western Isles a ultra religious!!!!!!!

Agree with the banter bit. On our way back two weeks ago, there was graffiti on a bridge near Callander that said "F**k off English Scum". Probably not banter tbh!

The Western Isles a ultra religious!!!!!!!

Agree with the banter bit. On our way back two weeks ago, there was graffiti on a bridge near Callander that said "F**k off English Scum". Probably not banter tbh!

I'm don't mean bigoted towards English, it's more a catholic and protestant thing up here and expressed during football.

With the blinkered outlook of a Celtic supporter being catholic and a Rangers supporter being protestant.

I'm don't mean bigoted towards English, it's more a catholic and protestant thing up here and expressed during football.

With the blinkered outlook of a Celtic supporter being catholic and a Rangers supporter being protestant.

Blimey yeah tell me about it lol!

I think we are lucky we are not under a strict religious regime. That IS a big no no IMO!

I detest all religion, religiously!!! lol. :clap:

It has no place in my life. I feel like shaking up some of the people i work with sometimes. Blind faith.

I detest all religion, religiously!!! lol. :clap:

It has no place in my life. I feel like shaking up some of the people i work with sometimes. Blind faith.

Exactly, imagine if there was no religion in the world....what would not have happened in the last 100 years? It would have been a far better place! :chair:

lol im on the fence. i like to think theres an after life n all that but think its tosh on the other hand.

Going against the trend here and gonna say that im a believer. I cant see any other reason for why we are here. Im 21 and am the only one in my group of mates that believes in God. I know its dying out in youngsters which I see as a shame, but then its an individual view. To make the first atom there needed to be the material to make it so where did that come from? Also what if there is a God rather believe and not after an afterlife than not believe and spend rest of my life in hell being tortured (just imgine never driving a renaultsport again and forced to drive a smart fortwo)

My religion IS Science lol.... not Scientology might i add.

Every other religion and their texts come across as fantasy and fiction to me, where science can and will explain things.

With regards to religion in the modern world, there is one thing I severely object to - that is the use of "Act of God" in insurance policy - I do not recognise God, so they can't try that one on me.

This is a clip from a film that I draw a lot of inspiration from.....watch this, the best bit in the whole film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOvI9jdNV3I from 1:25 into it!

What a who lot of truth, it is a fantastic film. I'd recommend it!