Does my Clio have factory installed Xenon’s or aftermarket?

Hi everyone,

I’m a little over 2 months into owning my 2007 Clio RS.

I took my car to a shop today to do some paint work. I stayed with the guys as they removed the front bumper and there appeared was the Xenon paraphernalia/hardware.

The wires weren’t really tidy and there was a zip tie or two. He said it seems to have been installed aftermarket and will tidy it up a bit.

My car DOES have the ability to adjust the height of the xenons to the left of the steering wheel on the dash.

I also have this from when I ran the VIN number.

I can also add some pics of the hardware later when I get the car back.

What do y’all think?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5054.png
    IMG_5054.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
It appears that from that screenshot and the fact that you have the headlight adjuster present that the vehicle is equipped with normal projectors with aftermarket Xenons. Does you car have the headlamp washer?

As above, washers are the giveaway here.
It probably has projector lights which someone has fitted a xenon kit to.

Thanks fellas. Yes, there are the washers fitted to the bumper but they aren’t hooked up to anything. Not functional.

Since it seems the Xenons are aftermarket, is it difficult to switch back to stock projectors?

Anyone have a link or part number to the stock projector bulbs handy?

I’ll leave the Xenons till they go out but I’d like for the car to be close to stock.

Check for levelling sensors on the Anti roll bars. Factory Xenon cars don't have adjuster dials

Yup- so it’s looking like you all were right. I haven’t had a chance to check the leveling sensors (not entirely sure where they exactly are but I’ll do some research). Either way, I took some pics of the hardware for fun.

I do like the xenon’s but I want to keep my Clio functionally stock as far as lighting. Is it tough to remove the xenon’s and put in the stock projectors again? Im a complete zero when it comes to lighting.

Lastly, what type of xenon’s were installed from the factory? Is there a particular brand?

Thanks again guys for the insight- very much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5139.jpeg
    IMG_5139.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5141.jpeg
    IMG_5141.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5145.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5143.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5142.jpeg
    IMG_5142.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Mk3 Clio's the headlights were made by Valeo the Xenon versions are expensive and hard to find but the standard Xenons had two types D1S and D2S bulbs the units had the ballast located in the headlight. The D1S bulbs ballast fitted in from the back and the D2S the ballast fitted in from the bottom.
1701216351926.png
1701216675234.png

1701216853146.png

Reactions: Sean197
The Valeo headlights the projector halogen and the xenon headlight look the same from outside but I found the wires inside the halogen projector are red and the xenon ones have yellow wires.
1701217296513.png
1701217768115.png
1701217611098.png

Reactions: Sean197
You already have projector lights that should be capable of taking a standard Halogen bulb, assuming someone hasn't butchered the wiring completely.

Your car definitely doesn't have Xenon lights as there is no in car height adjuster for the factory Xenons.

Reactions: RSRowe
Ohh so wait… the projector isn’t a type of bulb but rather an enhancement for the halogen lights?

I have no idea what went on with the wiring and all of that. We’ll see. In my basic thinking I’d just remove all of the xenon wiring and hardware and then put halogen bulbs in and go from there.

The projector refers to how the light is emitted from the bulb to the road. A projector bounces light through a 'fish eye' type lens. Reflector bounces light back into a concave reflective surface.

Just to doubly reaffirm, Clios came with the following:

Halogen reflector style
Halogen projector style
Xenon projector style

Personally, I think it would be best if you invest your time into making the current installation neat and tidy instead of ripping it all to pieces for 0 gain whatsoever.

Reactions: Kalamat88
The projector refers to how the light is emitted from the bulb to the road. A projector bounces light through a 'fish eye' type lens. Reflector bounces light back into a concave reflective surface.

Just to doubly reaffirm, Clios came with the following:

Halogen reflector style
Halogen projector style
Xenon projector style

Personally, I think it would be best if you invest your time into making the current installation neat and tidy instead of ripping it all to pieces for 0 gain whatsoever.
Thank you for the insight. Instead of ripping it out, the Xenon’s are quite nice so they’ll certainly be staying. They certainly don’t seem cheap to install…