Dodgy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've taken it off their wall, but to be honest running 30degree advance on a high reving N/A engine isn't that much, civics quite regularly run 34degrees on the k20 engines once over 7k rpm.. plus ktec advised to run on higher RON fuel.

-Unless there were any signs off det on the plugs, etc then i think its just a cheap shot

-Andy

you have to give it "time" to burn the fuel :jump1:

Maybe it's just me but, while it's nice that k-tech have told the full story the map still originated from there and was sent out to be put on someones car. RStunings complaint was that the map itself could potentially be dangerous to someones car, so why was it sent in the first place? Or are RStuning wrong about it being dangerous?

i read it that the map was sent out with the recipient knowing that it would need more work.

As k-tec were planning to get some results and feedback and tweak/adjust the map.

So they never said it was 100% safe. For some reason not told to us the recipient decided not to have it adjusted......

Thank you very much guys for the support.

We have been informed the complete post/thread has been removed from Facebook by RST, we have not contacted them about this so I am sure you can come to your own conclusions as to why this might be.

Ben, as for only coming onto the forums to defend ourselves, I was kindly pointed in this direct by one of the members on here and in light of the situation I feel it was best to put our side across. As a company we spend very little time on forums now as they can take up a huge amount of time, this is why we have had a push with our Facebook page. It is easy to find, contains details of what we have going on and what new parts we have coming. It is working very well and much less time consuming than switching between 5 or 6 forums. It seems to be the way forward and is working for us.

Obviously we still support for the forums with Club discounts and will continue to do so.

David.

Thanks for your feedback David.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm glad you took the time to come on the forum and give a professional response. Although my confidence in mapping being a "safe" modification has been shaken, I'm glad that you've given a thoughtful and well worded response. It's reassuring to see you've taken a professional approach to it and I would (if only you were closer) still consider using your services for that reason alone.

If i read everything correct its a bit of a shambles all round imo

K-Tech send map - OP doesn't understand its not a finished product - Found to be potentially dangerous and not sent to K-Tech but to RS Tuning - RS Tuning don't contact K-Tech to express concerns. The rest is history.

If only K-Tech had 100% made sure they knew it was an unfinished map none of this would have happened.

If only the OP would have gone back to K-Tech none of this would have happened.

If only RS Tuning would have contacted K-Tech to express concerns none of this would have happened.

Hopefully lessons will be learnt from all involved and they all came out poorly imo.

Not quite how it happened but close.

The first file was sent to a tuning company over seas who were also asked to send us back some data/logs after running the car.

I am happy to bring this matter to a close now and move on.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.