Do you let the Wife/Girlfriend or friends

Mrs r drives it quite often, as we like to rock up in the Clio at parties, meals etc as most friends and family are quite jealous, then I usually crack open a beer. She likes driving it so it's win win 'ok dear, if we take the clio I'll let you drive it home, but I'm drinking then' :wink:

Last edited:
Let her drive it as she got my insurance down 300 notes. Took her in an industrial estate so she could get used to the pedals and power (she has a 1.0l Corsa b)
Anyway started fine, she was confident, I was seemingly happy so we went to go on the big roads.... Pulls up at junction and it was clear so she pulls out in second, then some chavez in his punto comes flying round the corner. My mrs panics and floors it!! Not realising she had an extra 150 bhp on her right toe... Then panics and slams breaks on..... Anyway me shouting :shout:and her not liking the clio as its "nasty" is a win win as she doesn't want to drive it again
But I did let her have a go, nicer than the rest of you *******s lol

Let her drive it as she got my insurance down 300 notes. Took her in an industrial estate so she could get used to the pedals and power (she has a 1.0l Corsa b)
Anyway started fine, she was confident, I was seemingly happy so we went to go on the big roads.... Pulls up at junction and it was clear so she pulls out in second, then some chavez in his punto comes flying round the corner. My mrs panics and floors it!! Not realising she had an extra 150 bhp on her right toe... Then panics and slams breaks on..... Anyway me shouting :shout:and her not liking the clio as its "nasty" is a win win as she doesn't want to drive it again
But I did let her have a go, nicer than the rest of you *******s lol

haha poor girl, you are brave!!!

Think it depends on the driver. One of my best mates is a girl and has a 182, and hands down would spank most of you on this forum. Out of anyone ive ever raced (private roads) only she has ever kept me on my toes, most guys only drive in straight lines then dart off in another direction. Let my mum have the R27 before and been fine, and my mates that respect it as my car and not something to drive like its been nicked for 20 mins can drive it. it doesnt bother me. Some of you live in the stone age, women dont just cook and clean boys lol :wink:

women dont just cook and clean boys :wink:

I gave my mum a Puma 1.7 a couple of years back, she bloody loved it. :thumbup:

It's not a sexist thing for me, I've seen plenty of girls on track that can stick with the lads. There was one at Oulton Park today in a Ginetta G50 and she was smashing round... Nobody drives my baby though, likewise I don't like driving other peoples. Although I'd probably let Louise Cook or Danica Patrick take me to a nice country pub... :smiley:

I gave my mum a Puma 1.7 a couple of years back, she bloody loved it. :thumbup:

It's not a sexist thing for me, I've seen plenty of girls on track that can stick with the lads. There was one at Oulton Park today in a Ginetta G50 and she was smashing round... Nobody drives my baby though, likewise I don't like driving other peoples. Although I'd probably let Louise Cook or Danica Patrick take me to a nice country pub... :smiley:

Lol!! I would as well :wink: Thats fair enough. For me there are some people i wouldnt let drive it because they are crap drivers in general. My mums always had hot hatches, only now has her 1st saloon. She's got an A4 turbo, actually a very capable car for what it is. When i was born she had a white 5 turbo, gutted when she told me lol!! I'd love one!!

Yeah they are, i found one 2 years ago, standard, 52k on the clock with every MOT service etc for 2.5k. I showed my mum and we rang to buy it over the phone straight away but someone had literally JUST bought it, we were gutted!!

Gah. :worried: You have to be so quick with stuff like that now, everybody wants retro.

Will the cat is classic:rofl:
Just glad my good lady can drive ours because I would have been totally flucked. Without her these last 2 yrs.just just wish she would go a little faster lol

Glad to see its not just the lads who don't let the girl friends drive there's but the ladies don't either

I'm quite happy for Caroline to drive it but she doesn't get on well with manuals. The few times she has driven she says its to powerful for her.... Lol.

The only other person I let drive is one of my best mates who's races a Bowler Nemesis so he knows what he's doing. Luckily he hasn't tried driving it over a plouged field yet.

She technically owns it so kinda gotta let her drive it. Though since getting married its now technically 50% mine lol.