Do i need to change my brake pads?

Hi all!

Since yesterday i'm the proud owner of a Clio RS 200 Cup! What a great car, i bought it second-hand with 20000 km on the clock. But here is the rising question, do i already need to change my brake pads? My brakes make a noticable squeaking sound, but only on light braking. I've made a photo of the pads, maybe you guys can help me?

Already thank you!

Maikel

Last edited:
Welcome to the site!

Your pads have loads of life left in them. The squealing you have will be due to vibration of the pads when braking, it's easily cured by doing a brake service and putting copper grease on the backs of the pads. I would get your dealer to sort it under warranty or if you fancy some DIY then there is a guide on the site on servicing the front brakes.

Hi thanks for you reply!

Okay thats great to hear, I thought that because the red caliper almost touches the brake disc. This Sunday i'm going to the Nurburgring to see what the car is capable of. But on the road it's a pleasure to drive!

Maikel

Theres definately plenty of meat left on those pads. The squeek is just a faze most brakes go through now-a-days.

The squeek isn't that bad, they know that i'm braking now haha! Is that on every RS model that the caliper almost touches the disc?

Not just the RS, its like that on pretty much every car. It's the pad inside the caliper which moves and wears down, the caliper doesn't move at all.

...mine squeels all the time.....as suggested a simple clean out will do for a while....I find the squeel goes with bit of heat in them......