Decibel app. Iphone.

I think they over read. Fernandez and Henderson said they got 88 and 91 when tested at Bedford.

The loudest thing I've ever heard was a jet engined dragster at Santa pod. It was borderline painful!

Omg. These posts are halariuos!

Are these Db meters actually accurate?...a jumbo jet plane is like 120/125ish Db or something...(learnt this back in year 5 science class haha)

Have a look on Wiki' for how the DB scale works. It's very very odd, it's something along the lines of 88DB is twice as loud as 87DB. It's a while ago that I read up about it but the difference between 80DB and 90DB is huge, so a plane being 120DB for example is a massive massive jump from a car that's 100DB.

It's debatable how accurate the app. is but if we all use the same one then we will all have equally inaccurate results!!! :smiley:

*EDIT*

80DB is TEN times louder than 70DB as an example...

Last edited:
Ok megane at idle in a car park on a bottle of screen wash as the side of zaust

a3y4ebe9.jpg

don't know as i didn't want to sit in the car park reving outside halfords.

i'm sure at the track tests its 78 but that is as pointed out at much further away and as pointed out i don't trust the app much.

Ok here is the result from my drive, again I've sat the phone to the side of the zaust under the handle of a 5l screenwash bottle.

As you can see it shows almost the same idle reading (within 1db) with the max reading for it at 4,500 revs.

equdusuq.jpg