Decibel app. Iphone.

how can you hold the iphone and hold the revs?

i can see a few bricks, wood and other bits laying about coming in handy.....

Gaffa tape it to your wheelie bin at the right height and it'll register the peak DB and display it on the screen!!! :smiley:

That's not what I'll be doing. Honest. :thumbup:

haha,i had similar thoughts and tried to hold the throttle down with a bit of pipe in the garage,nearly took my eye out! quite a rebound on the go pedal i must say.....impressive

Surely the wheelie bin will act like the aforementioned wall and increase the sound? (Not like I'm competitive or anything :tongueout:). Get LJ to hold it #responsibleparenting

test results in......99db exactly at 4500rpm with the wife on the juice so give or take a couple of hundred rpm either way cos she's a mong

Hang on are we now saying wheelie bins are now banned.

FFS goes off to search for a tin one.......

Surely the wheelie bin will act like the aforementioned wall and increase the sound? (Not like I'm competitive or anything :tongueout:). Get LJ to hold it #responsibleparenting

I was thinking of laying there wheelie bin on its side right next to the exhaust with the lid open so it acts kinda like a bass box.

Mine was fluctuating between 80-83 on idle, but it maxed the application out at 88 lol

I did note that the right exhaust is slightly quieter than the left, that's the one that's seems to get tested at trackday which is good :smile:

I've downloaded the "sound meter" app from the Google play store. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Well i'm buggered, if wheelie bins are out and i can't find a tin one to rest it on.

I have a medium straw donkey with sombrero somehow acquired on a very drunk night out if that's allowed?

P.S should anyone be missing said straw donkey then please drop me a pm...........

Omg. These posts are halariuos!

Are these Db meters actually accurate?...a jumbo jet plane is like 120/125ish Db or something...(learnt this back in year 5 science class haha)