Decat questions

The akra evo removes the main cat and joins to the manifold.
then k-tec are listing it in the cat-back exhaust section... surprise ktec to **** something up...

maybe ill have to consider miltek or other systems that are cat-back maybe? anything you suggest?

or maybe get a toyosport manifold and get it custom made with a sport cat? or does that sound to much of a pain in a**?

Last edited:
I have a scorpion and can recommend. You could get a cat back with a sports cat on that with a decat manifold.

editing a decat manifold to put a cat in makes no sense lol.

Quote from k tec website about the akra :tongueout:

So in summary, the Akrapovic Slip On system is the replacement rear silencer designed to be fitted to the standard exhaust centre section and this also retains your standard catalytic converter.The Akrapovic Evolution system is a complete manifold back exhaust system which removes your standard catalytic converter only leaving you with the small pre cat that is built into the manifold.
Both exhausts come with the carbon tailpipe trims which fit into the standard rear diffuser, replacing the original polished items.

I have a scorpion and can recommend. You could get a cat back with a sports cat on that with a decat manifold.

editing a decat manifold to put a cat in makes no sense lol.

Quote from k tec website about the akra :tongueout:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

yeah i know haha! i realize that after i put it, i spose sport cat give better power by not much haha!

reason i have behind this is because putting a sport cat in after removing the manifold cat, is so if i wanted to put a full decat after its a piece of cake and that manifold that Renault fit ive heard lots of bad about them!

no 100% on doing this, but its a choice thats all, so scorpion sound good?

i would get both decat'ed but its the police thing.. would always play on my mind!

The standard manifold has its issues yeah, but there fine until they go, not worth replacing until it breaks.

Depends on your budget also tbh.

If you want to buy the new manifold, sports cat, akra, fitting, your looking 2k plus...

I'm currently running the Akra Evo exhaust & Toyosports manifold.
Great combination imo.
Performs noticeably better than stock (especially once mapped), this is how mine sounds...

[video=youtube_share;xhAYKeq-JWo]http://youtu.be/xhAYKeq-JWo[/video]

Last edited:
Does anyone have views on Milltek or Scorpion cat backs? Don't want it too loud but better than stock, also do either cause flat spots (without re-mapping?)

They all cause flat spot 2-3krpm without the remap (and even with the remap the flat spot isn't 100% gone).

The standard manifold has its issues yeah, but there fine until they go, not worth replacing until it breaks.

Depends on your budget also tbh.

If you want to buy the new manifold, sports cat, akra, fitting, your looking 2k plus...

Hmmm might just get manifold and akra evo system, chance of vosa check are unlikely

I'm currently running the Akra Evo exhaust & Toyosports manifold.
Great combination imo.
Performs noticeably better than stock (especially once mapped), this is how mine sounds...

[video=youtube_share;xhAYKeq-JWo]http://youtu.be/xhAYKeq-JWo[/video]

No worrys about police etc? I understand a vosa check are rare...

And where did you get the toyosport manifold? Not listed on there website

It's on eBay.

search clio 197 manifold and its £240

Its not just the roadside check its if you write the car off and they see it has no cat.

It's on eBay.

search clio 197 manifold and its £240

Its not just the roadside check its if you write the car off and they see it has no cat.

i did have a quick look and said no results, maybe im being a little special!

yeah well tbh i don't drive it like that, been there done that haha but cheers!, so less chance of that but tbh they dont even check the cars, i wrote off my first car when i was 17 (5 years ago) and i didnt even get breathe tested and nothing on the car was standard.. police are jokes.

My car is primarily a track car but it does get a fair amount of road use too.
I don't go looking for trouble so never been pulled over by police (too old & wise for that).
Manifold is regularly on Ebay.

My car is primarily a track car but it does get a fair amount of road use too.
I don't go looking for trouble so never been pulled over by police (too old & wise for that).
Manifold is regularly on Ebay.

Well not thinking of tracking, getting another car for that soon, but yeah I'm pass the age for "looking for trouble" never been pulled so shouldn't have a problem tbh!

I've just bought this toyosport manifold off ebay myself because my original one had packed in and I personally didn't really want to pay £700 over to Renault for a new one when I can buy this and remap it cheaper. Now I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have with it being decatted. What do you think my best option is? Thanks in advance

I've just bought this toyosport manifold off ebay myself because my original one had packed in and I personally didn't really want to pay £700 over to Renault for a new one when I can buy this and remap it cheaper. Now I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have with it being decatted. What do you think my best option is? Thanks in advance

If you've still got your main cat in place it will pass an MOT test (so people report) so should be ok (other than maybe needing stiffer lower mount to stop knocking on the subframe some have reported). With my decat manifold I made sure to install a sports cat too to avoid issues with the 5-O!