Dave's Black R27 #334 - H&R springs fitted!

Well, today saw an unexpected addition. The other day a spring snapped on me, so the car went into the garage for a service and new spring.

Got a phone call today to say they could get hold of h&r springs for a good price if I wanted... The price compared to one replacement spring fitted meant that I ended up saying yes! They fitted the springs, serviced her and sorted out a bad blow on the exhaust (don't think it was ever fitted quite right). The exhaust now sounds 10x better and she sits at a nice height, very pleased!!!

ive got new black diamonds on the way, have fitted new led number plate lights and am on the hunt for two center caps and a new drivers headlight now! I'm also very very poor haha.

Here's some quick photos, needs a proper clean and wax really!

A0E361BC-9795-4BAC-A4DD-7F82404E65C0_zpscrjjzxzt.jpg

F415B04F-6A71-46A1-A576-0F19E50081B8_zpsjtlmdw6x.jpg

07F73BBF-6468-4AB1-8927-DB893612D1D9_zpsbbimwsgb.jpg

Car looks great! I'm not a huge fan of the black Clio's, they're usually all swirled up and generally look a bit tatty in my experience but yours is definitely an exception to that!

Car looks great! I'm not a huge fan of the black Clio's, they're usually all swirled up and generally look a bit tatty in my experience but yours is definitely an exception to that!

Cheers! In all honesty, I gave her a good clean and clay yesterday (didn't have time to polish or wax) and the paint is a mess with swirls and light scratches, not sure on the best thing to do!! Any suggestions?

World's smallest update, but new LED number plate lights make a big difference:

E8F49E72-A058-4F66-A8FD-A7156A6403F5_zpscmcdxuqc.jpg

You will need to correct fit properly with a machine polisher (da) and the appropriate cutting pad. It's not something that can be done overnight in one shot to be done properly. I recently did my front end and whilst it's better it's not 100%.

You will need to correct fit properly with a machine polisher (da) and the appropriate cutting pad. It's not something that can be done overnight in one shot to be done properly. I recently did my front end and whilst it's better it's not 100%.

Aye that's what I was thinking. How much did yours cost if you don't mind me asking?

Ahh, was your machine polisher expensive? No idea how much these things cost!!

They range in price. A decent DA, £150.

If your not sure what your doing in terms of correction, id suggest practicing on a scrap panel or just lightly polishing/glazing the car first, you will see vast improvements with just a basic glaze (although thats just masking defects, not ridding them). Wouldn't go full out on your pride and joy with heavy cutting pads/polish off the bat.

They range in price. A decent DA, £150.

If your not sure what your doing in terms of correction, id suggest practicing on a scrap panel or just lightly polishing/glazing the car first, you will see vast improvements with just a basic glaze (although thats just masking defects, not ridding them). Wouldn't go full out on your pride and joy with heavy cutting pads/polish off the bat.

Cheers, need have a think about investing next month as it needs sorting!

New black badges have arrived, and I've source a couple of center caps and replacement headlight off a couple of guys on here. Debating tinting the fogs yellow whilst I've got the bumper off to change the lights!

I have a black 197 with anthracite wheels and matching rear diffuser if you want to check out my recent post you can see if you like the look of it to possibly do yours.