Dash lights flickering

Hi guys,

Just noticed tonight that when i was stopped at the traffic lights my dials were flickering a little? Not like on and off but just fading if you get what i mean? i assume this is normal?

Also what oil do you use and where do you get it? As il be needing some more soon.

Many thanks
Shaun

Mine do it from time to time, when i'm stopped at lights and the revs drop to tick-over it flickers, like you, think it's just a renault thing!

As for oil, people use different ones, but I just stick to Elf Excellium 5w40 I think it is, you can just get it from the dealers in either 1 Litre or 5 Litre :smile:

Hi guys,

Just noticed tonight that when i was stopped at the traffic lights my dials were flickering a little? Not like on and off but just fading if you get what i mean? i assume this is normal?

Also what oil do you use and where do you get it? As il be needing some more soon.

Many thanks
Shaun

Mine does it also from times to times but i think it's not anything serious.

As for the oil,may i ask in what rate you are losing oil,because im having serious issues with it.

needs a new instrument panel common problem on the clios i had mine change a month after i got it, had it done under warrenty.

Mine does it also from times to times but i think it's not anything serious.

As for the oil,may i ask in what rate you are losing oil,because im having serious issues with it.

Well ive had the car for around 6 months and the guy i bought it off gave me the oil he had left which was probably just under half a tin and ive now used it all - its reading 2 circles on the oil gauge. Its a 58 plate and done 16k, hope this helps you compare.

Here is the oil ive been using, does anyone else use this one?

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-868-motul-300v-power-5w-40-racing-lubricant-for-racing-cars.aspx#productDetails

the funny thing is if you put your lights on full beam, and have your window up all the way... try and do both your windows up still. the lights dim low lol

renault!!!!!

the funny thing is if you put your lights on full beam, and have your window up all the way... try and do both your windows up still. the lights dim low lol

renault!!!!!

thats because your taking more out of the battery than the alternator can put in - if you increase the revs to about 1500-2000 it should stop

my dashboard is also flickering. I took it to the dealers, they said they fixed it - it came back