Dashboard lights 'dim' when lights are turned on

Hi,

I've recently noticed that when I turn the front lights on in the 200 (either half or full setting), the dashboard lights (both the dials and radio display) seem to dim. I've had a search and noticed one thread where someone mentioned this could be adjusted using one of the stalks and the brightness can be accidently turned up and down - unsure if this is accurate?

Any help / pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lewis

Well, there's the wheel to adjust it on the dash strip between the steering column and drivers door, so maybe try there to adjust it. I remember the headlights would dim if I turned the steering wheel when stationary, so sounds like typical French electronics to me!

Not sure but can it be that it's doing that because the car thinks it's night and dims them to reduce the "blinding effect".

Hi,

I've recently noticed that when I turn the front lights on in the 200 (either half or full setting), the dashboard lights (both the dials and radio display) seem to dim. I've had a search and noticed one thread where someone mentioned this could be adjusted using one of the stalks and the brightness can be accidently turned up and down - unsure if this is accurate?

Any help / pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lewis

Under the right-hand side dash trim (the switch on the right): (They don't dim automatically).
product_standard___57.jpg

Also check your battery. Put a voltmeter on the battery - should be just above 12volts when stationary, and between 13.5-14.5ish when the engine is running.

Last edited:
my has always done this too..never found it alarming in any way..even after new battery install..think i find it quite useful as they are not in your face when it gets dark..but again,you should be able to adjust it with the above pictured wheel...