Custom Intake

I'm torn beetwen this and an R3 airbox, was gonna order the R3 box after crimbo and get it moulded to make some fibreglass ones, a cheaper alternative to the carbon ones that were available. Would still need the Red Top either way.

Shame you can't get any quotes man I'd be interested in these depending price ..

Rough estimate is £300 but that would include the fixing clips on the 3 parts that join to them together and the silicone hose that goes from the airbox to the throttle body. The ones from AC-Sport dont come with any of that. I know this cos I enquired with them about getting one.

I will have a carbon one from which I can take a mould from early Jan so will have something on my car by end of jan for testing and evaluation, before and after dyno runs etc.

The idea it's to also offer a complete kit would would be airbox, replacement battery and mounting kit to mount the expansion tank that needs to be moved. Just need to price the final items up.

Last edited:
This sounds promising, I'm wondering what k-tecs one will turn out to be? Have they given a date or anything? I want an induction kit but don't want to re- locate the battery, even though that set up on the r3 looks mint!

It doesn't officially exist yet, but they've mentioned to a few people that they have something in the pipeline.

Rough estimate is £300 but that would include the fixing clips on the 3 parts that join to them together and the silicone hose that goes from the airbox to the throttle body. The ones from AC-Sport dont come with any of that. I know this cos I enquired with them about getting one.

I will have a carbon one from which I can take a mould from early Jan so will have something on my car by end of jan for testing and evaluation, before and after dyno runs etc.

The idea it's to also offer a complete kit would would be airbox, replacement battery and mounting kit to mount the expansion tank that needs to be moved. Just need to price the final items up.

TNX 4 the info. :thumbup:

This sounds promising, I'm wondering what k-tecs one will turn out to be? Have they given a date or anything? I want an induction kit but don't want to re- locate the battery, even though that set up on the r3 looks mint!
ITG maxogen you dont have to re-locate the battery if you get a varley red top it just sits on its side in place of the stock battery.

Yeh I would but think of the price of a battery, and then the r3 set up, plus don't you have to modify the terminals? I will wait and see what k-tec come out with, if not I have priced a custom set up of my own ( open green cotton, cold air feed with scoop at front grill then making a carbon sheet heat sheild and make it so no heat can get to the filter

Yeh I would but think of the price of a battery, and then the r3 set up, plus don't you have to modify the terminals? I will wait and see what k-tec come out with, if not I have priced a custom set up of my own ( open green cotton, cold air feed with scoop at front grill then making a carbon sheet heat sheild and make it so no heat can get to the filter
sounds good mate!get some pics up if you go down that route.