custom intake

I've used a BMC on a 106 Rallye before and it definately made an improvement to that in terms of performance. It wasn't much louder that the OEM Airbox but it did have a nice little growl to it at higher revs. I can't comment on how one would effect a 197 though I'm afraid, not sure if I've heard of anyone fitting one to a 197 before to be honest!!!

I've used a BMC on a 106 Rallye before and it definately made an improvement to that in terms of performance. It wasn't much louder that the OEM Airbox but it did have a nice little growl to it at higher revs. I can't comment on how one would effect a 197 though I'm afraid, not sure if I've heard of anyone fitting one to a 197 before to be honest!!!

I just found a picture online of that airbox... I am not sure if you can get any gains....

http://i47.tinypic.com/evcacx.jpg

the air feed from the front upper grille is rubbish mate,there's a plastic piece blocking off the air flow from the grille,it is easy to cut out though but you'll have to remove yr front bumper of which its attached to do this

the air feed from the front upper grille is rubbish mate,there's a plastic piece blocking off the air flow from the grille,it is easy to cut out though but you'll have to remove yr front bumper of which its attached to do this

not sure if the thread is is on here or the old however i remmber this being done by a few members without ever removing the bumper

Think the metal piping will get quite hot too, not the best set up I've seen but still a good bit of effort went into it, wonder if it made an improvement?

I really want to go for the V6 airbox, but i am not sure if i will be able to find it... I am just wondering if this airbox would be suitable since it is made for V6 but aftermarket...

It is, I have it in my Clio.

Will see what I can do first thing next year.