Cup spoiler help

I doubt Renault will help you out with anything other than supply you with a clear sticker to place on the spoiler to prevent the paint being damaged.

I had some helicopter tape on there, but in the sun it went brittle and yellow. I told Renault that it wasn't good enough.

I'm not holding out for much but we'll see!

Im going to get some thick black vinyl and just cut out circles and use them to replace the clear sticker from time to time. Then when people ask what its for you can say becuase Renault are too lazy to move the aerial an inch further forward!

Come on girls :wink:

People are just trying to help and give their oppinion A2on.

Personally though I didn't like the fit of the Honda one so I use a Mazda mps3 aerial from the Mazda dealer.

I don't have the cup spoiler on mine yet, but surely a clear piece of Vinyl on the top and leading edge in the centre of the spoiler would do the job (that was my plan anyway) , protect the paint and not be too ugly?

Sorry if i'm stating the obvious ;/

That's a half arsed solution and on a £20k car is unacceptable! As I said earlier the clear tape perished and looked awful. Maybe it was highlighted more because my paint is black?

the clear plastic protector you stick on the spoiler does the job, mines ben on over four years now and shows no sign of wear, it does catch but it's not aggressive, i'd be very suprised if it will ever damage the paintwork.

Renault aren't the only numpty's though as the mk4 golf had the same problem.
VW brought out a revised shape spoiler(after they sold all the old type) that had a semi circle notch cut into it.

Right, back to Renault -

They called me back saying that they didn't have anything to replace the standard aerial, and just suggested, like Arran said, that I should get another bit of help tape. Obviously I wasn't satisfied with this answer, so I told them that I would be sending them an invoice for the correct aerial when I found one. Surprisingly he said OK!

Unfortunately being busy over christmas I haven't really been able to do much research, I've seen that Vivid White had cut his down, but we're still not sure if the signal is good enough for this to be a suitable fix. I have told RUK about this solution.

I also thought about the windscreen mounted aerials, but soon dismissed this as it looks rubbish.

I'm also in the process of upgrading my head unit, so hopefully this will boost signal, but obviously this isn't a fix that everyone can do cheaply.

Currently waiting for a reply from RUK about the modification to the standard aerial, but told them that I didn't want to do it unless they would send me a replacement standard aerial incase it isn't good enough!

Unfortunately being busy over christmas I haven't really been able to do much research, I've seen that Vivid White had cut his down, but we're still not sure if the signal is good enough for this to be a suitable fix. I have told RUK about this solution.

This modification suits me down to the ground....but having done a few miles yesterday in the car its seems that the signal is abit up and down. Radio 1 seems perfect but local stations seem to fade in and out. As I said this doesnt bother me too much and I much prefer the look over other aerials.

Yes it is just the standard update list headunit so im sure with an after market headunit this could be improved.

Just been out to test the radio again on my lunch and the car is currently parked in my works carpark in a small village outside of Loughborough. Every station I could find was perfect.

Thanks