I need some help on cup spoiler "footprint" please

ashtons99

Gold Member
I took my spint spoiler off today just to look at cup spoiler fitting opportunities.

I am left with the holes shown in the pic below. Can anyone post a photo of the mounting point/area/post of the cup spoiler or any information which would help me decide whether the holes I have would be covered by the cup spoiler mounting.

Ive read through the posts and there seems to be no definitive answer.

8649536532_ab8d8d9a06_b.png

i have a sprint spoiler and the top hole seems about right,god knows why you've got that hole on the rear section though,there wasn't even a place for a fixing screw there on mine

as angel says though,a cup spoiler won't cover that top hole mate

IMAG0806_zps5b618cd9.jpg
IMAG0807_zps0bea0f08.jpg
IMAG0814_zps5b8255e3.jpg

id say the top hole definately wont be covered :smile:

from the edge of the bootlid to the inside of the support is 35mm...ish

Last edited:

from the edge of the bootlid to the inside of the support is 35mm...ish[/QUOTE]

Perfect, answers my question. Im still undecided on whether to go for a Cup, there wouldnt be a lot of work in getting top of tailgate filled and painted if so.

from the edge of the bootlid to the inside of the support is 35mm...ish

Perfect, answers my question. Im still undecided on whether to go for a Cup, there wouldnt be a lot of work in getting top of tailgate filled and painted if so.[/QUOTE]

if you go for that style of spoiler i'd go for the cup racer spoiler,it sits at a much nicer angle,especially from the rear

Perfect, answers my question. Im still undecided on whether to go for a Cup, there wouldnt be a lot of work in getting top of tailgate filled and painted if so.

if you go for that style of spoiler i'd go for the cup racer spoiler,it sits at a much nicer angle,especially from the rear[/QUOTE]

Ah,...... is there a difference between cup & cup racer spolier then?

if you go for that style of spoiler i'd go for the cup racer spoiler,it sits at a much nicer angle,especially from the rear

Ah,...... is there a difference between cup & cup racer spolier then?[/QUOTE]

yeah mate,the blade and end plates of the spoiler are the same or at least they look the same but the cup racer spoiler is mounted a couple of inches either side of the brake light,it sits a little flatter and looks a lot better from the rear imo....i think the cup spoiler raises the look of the rear in some cars/colours

litchy runs a cup racer spoiler,there's a pic in his progress thread

you can only get them from R-Sport wimbledon

I've heard the cup racer spoiler sits closer to the car than the road going cup spoiler...

When I saw a factory fitted cup spoiler there was about 5-8mm clearance... But when I fitted my Oem cup spoiler, I found it sits far closer, with a few mm clearance, I'll see if I can find a pic

Hi,
For the top hole;
48mm from the back of the roof line
25mm in from the side of the car
Size of hole 10mm (think I used 8mm)

For the bottom hole;
15mm from the corner where it starts going down
Which should mean the hole is 15mm up from the top of the rear window
15mm in from the side of the car.
Size of the hole 6mm

Hope this helps

Dan

looking at that bottom hole yes, top hole no.

didn't know that about the cup racer spoiler. Guessing i've got the standard one.