Cracked manifold - Clio 197

Afternoon Chaps,

No idea how this has happened but it would appear that i have a cracked manifold.

56 Plate - 92k Miles

It's sounding a bit rattly and like a tractor up front, if you put your hand behind the engine block you can feel warm exhaust gas escaping.

What's my options, would this be a welding job, new manifold and how easy/much would it cost?

Any help/suggestions welcome but just want the red rocket back on form :worried:

Cheers,

P3Nn

Afternoon Chaps,

No idea how this has happened but it would appear that i have a cracked manifold.

56 Plate - 92k Miles

It's sounding a bit rattly and like a tractor up front, if you put your hand behind the engine block you can feel warm exhaust gas escaping.

What's my options, would this be a welding job, new manifold and how easy/much would it cost?

Any help/suggestions welcome but just want the red rocket back on form :worried:

Cheers,

P3Nn

A common fault so don't despair too much. I'd recommend buying a Toyo manifold and upgrading the upper torque arm and lower engine mounts with Powerflex ones, you shouldn't have too much play after that. It is a bit of a pig in terms of labour, but it's going to be however you fix it anyway. There's a relatively new one for sale in the classifieds here but you'll need to be a paid member to view it, but might just be the best £5 you ever spend, as new they're around the £199 mark.

A common fault so don't despair too much. I'd recommend buying a Toyo manifold and upgrading the upper torque arm and lower engine mounts with Powerflex ones, you shouldn't have too much play after that. It is a bit of a pig in terms of labour, but it's going to be however you fix it anyway. There's a relatively new one for sale in the classifieds here but you'll need to be a paid member to view it, but might just be the best £5 you ever spend, as new they're around the £199 mark.

Hi Micah,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've already got Powerflex engine mounts and it's running a KTEC Catback exhaust, potentially the KTEC manifold as well however it would appear one of the pipes is still cracked.

I'll get signed up now as the forums have been good to be over the time. Guess i'll have to do some digging for labour.

Thanks for your help so far :thumb:

Reactions: Sean197
Hi Micah,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've already got Powerflex engine mounts and it's running a KTEC Catback exhaust, potentially the KTEC manifold as well however it would appear one of the pipes is still cracked.

I'll get signed up now as the forums have been good to be over the time. Guess i'll have to do some digging for labour.

Thanks for your help so far :thumb:

No problem, and thanks for contributing to the forum, it's much appreciated :smile:
I believe the car will be a bit louder with the Toyo so you could always look for a reconditioned manifold, but a few people run the Toyo and cat back system setup - @sevenfourate is the only one I can think of right now.

No problem, and thanks for contributing to the forum, it's much appreciated :smile:
I believe the car will be a bit louder with the Toyo so you could always look for a reconditioned manifold, but a few people run the Toyo and cat back system setup - @sevenfourate is the only one I can think of right now.

No problem, been meaning to get it sorted for a while :smile:

Not sure if this is something you'd know but would there be any compatibility issues between OEM or Toyo manifold to the KTEC Catback Exhaust, any average on price of labour?

Looking like the parts aren't going to be the problem on this and more the labour of it :/

No problem, been meaning to get it sorted for a while :smile:

Not sure if this is something you'd know but would there be any compatibility issues between OEM or Toyo manifold to the KTEC Catback Exhaust, any average on price of labour?

Looking like the parts aren't going to be the problem on this and more the labour of it :/

As far as I'm aware there's no issue between the two, as you have the cat in the middle anyway.
In terms of labour, TwoTechs in Dartford charge £55 per hour plus VAT.