Cookie the Clio 182 :o) - Front Splitter - one up on DX! ;o)

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Prolly not really a prgress thread as such, but there will be little bits being done here and there :smile::smile:

So anyway, the end of last month, I decided i'd lost it with Roo 197, and wanted rid. So I put adverts up on Fiesta STOC, Cliosport and here too. Wanted a nice 182 or Fiesta ST.

Then after a shocking example of an ST I saw at a local dealers Clicky, I decided against getting rid of it.

But then I had two PM's on CS from lilgregs (two days running):

1st PM said:
hi mate call me/ text me 07#########, got a clio 182 black both cup packs 2005 cambelt just done 58k milege. Luke

Then the next day:

2nd PM said:
Hi mate just asking again are you still selling the car. Give me a call/text 07######### cheers luke

I replied (I hadn't been on there for a couple of days) saying "Sorry, not interested now as keeping the car"

Then I viewed his posts and was confronted by this:

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

These created a bulge in the trouser department, so I was then faced with a serious issue: Keep the 197 and struggle a bit financially, or get rid for this 182.

So I texted him and told him to ignore the message on CS.

Over the next day, Luke sent me some more pictures of the car, again creating a bulge in the trouser department :wink: :

1-1.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

There really was no option.....the 197 had to go, this was exactly what I was looking for.

So on Good Friday, a drive to Stonehenge, a quite balst up and down and look see at documents etc and money changing hands my way, this was the last picture and time (probably) i'd see my little Red Roo:

IMAG0144.jpg

So after a 2 and a bit hour drive, Cookie arrived at her new home:

IMAG0145.jpg

Last edited:
Then after a wash on the Saturday, a quick couple of pics (with a hidden message) :wink:

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9-1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Had her for 2 weeks now. And there's no better way to sum up it up than "No regrets at all"

And for some reason, I don't miss the 197 nearly as much as I thought I would, I am actually surprised by this too.

All that I need to do to Cookie is get the dent in the bonnet removed and the wheels refurbed, and a front splitter, then she's perfect :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Looks great Mike. I'd like to buy one as a second car, but money won't allow. Always there throwing a spanner in the works is money.

your new 182 looks mint mate. Really well looked after and black looks nice for the 182 models as well.

I'm suprised by your change down from the 197 but the most important thing is that you are happy with it!! Enjoy bud!! :smile:

Thank you for the niceness :smile::smile:

I was slightly worried about it being a downgrade, but in all honesty, same mileage, more gadgets on it (climate control, HID's, Rain Sensitive Wipers, Auto Lights) and same mileage, only 2 1/2 years older. I totally love it!!!

Stickers and Number Plates now on:

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

Possible Q&A here for you too:

Q) The car is a 182, why have you put clio200.net stickers on it?

A) Because I have and I'm not bothered by it

Q) But why?

A) amibovveredthecatherinebm8.jpg

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I like simples
And as for the bulge in your trouser region.Pay for something :bounce1:

Here is the dent in the bonnet - looks like someone has stepped on it (inbetweeners "car fwend!!!)

Untitled.jpg

Three weeks and it will be gone!