Common Rattles?

i had a rattle, turned up the radio, rattle gone.:thumbup:

That's a fair point, but while the car is new and under warranty it should not creak and rattle like a 10 year old car. I rang Renault UK and spoke to a very decent customer service manager who has asked the dealer to take my car in and take it to bits in one last attempt to fix the creaking heater box. Here's hoping it doesn't come back with even more rattles!!!!!!!!!!

i have a rattle on the drivers side seatbelt adjustment thing, a one on the clear plastic cover on the instrument panel and the right side of my drivers side recaro

to fix the seatbelt and instrument i squirted some clear silicon in the corners to stop the vibration. the would stop by appying the smallest pressure with my finger so werent much but very annoying

the creaking on the seat im assuming was something to do with the airbag plastic trim.

i prised it open a bit and squirted some spray grease in there. touch wood they seem to be cured!

the glovebox rattle i fixed by removing it and applying loads of graught excluder strip to any plastic parts that touch. thats now gone

also the tailgate knocks a bit so will adjust the lock hook and hopefully sort it

common ones i've had

Rear boot catch
Rear seats (they rattle where they pivot at the base)
Speaker grilles

Only stuff that's rattled in mine is the junk in my glovebox / doorcards, so my fault :smile:

My boot knocks sometimes. The seats in the back were knocking, but Renault ACTUALLY RESOLVED THE PROBLEM! Suprising I know, but so far (I am clutching the wooden kitchen table as I type), the problem hasn't returned! Now the clutch pedal clunks when I press it sometimes, feels like it's a bit loose and is noisy if there is a bit of sideways movement.

My old Clio was bad though! Jesus it was rattle city!

how did they sort back seats? mine does that sometimes?

is the bootlid fix just a case of moving the strike pin in a few mm?

Apparently they adjusted the catches on the seats ans greesed them up. They greesed the boot catch at the same time, but it didn't fix it. So I adhusted it myself, but I have either not done the bolts up tight enough or it has started doing it in the new position, because it stopped and then started again.