Common Rattles?

Anyone had any rattles/noise in the interior of clio, I have one at the minute from the rear, think its the parcel shelf moving so taken it off to test.

Anyone think of anything else to check, its just a plastic tapping, thought it was rear wiper lifting and tapping :S

As above, when my car gets very cold for some reason the part above the speedo rattles a little bit. Have uploaded a picture so you can see what I mean.

Or it could be the boot lock, this has been known to come loose or the drivers side seatbelt base near the top.

Attachments

• 12r.jpg
    12r.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 131
Anyone had any rattles/noise in the interior of clio, I have one at the minute from the rear, think its the parcel shelf moving so taken it off to test.

Anyone think of anything else to check, its just a plastic tapping, thought it was rear wiper lifting and tapping :S

Boot hatch prob, I had it on my R27. Get the dealer to check it or do it yourself. Apply grease :smile:

Noticed mine had a rattle at the back. Tried taking out the parcel shelf and looking at other bits. Found it to be the rear plastic speaker grill vibrating. Try tapping that to see if theres any movement.

mine had the rear boot catch rattle.
just moved the hook(not the lock) to make it shut tighter.

I have noticed the rattle coming from the dash, it seems to dissapear when it warms up. I also have a rattle coming from the boot so may try moving the hook and also greasing it this weekend. You've gotta love french build quality.

I have noticed the rattle coming from the dash, it seems to dissapear when it warms up. I also have a rattle coming from the boot so may try moving the hook and also greasing it this weekend. You've gotta love french build quality.

Are we talking about the boot lock (hook) on the lid or the top of the back bumper?

Are we talking about the boot lock (hook) on the lid or the top of the back bumper?

I'll have a look when i do it, but i think only 1 will adjust and the other will be a fixed position. The hook is the hoop at the top of the bumper i would have thought.

I'll have a look when i do it, but i think only 1 will adjust and the other will be a fixed position. The hook is the hoop at the top of the bumper i would have thought.

Checked the hoop, no play what so ever, thought it was the middle seatbelt on roof rattling, tested still there :worried: - doing my head in!!!

iv found its not that the hoop moves around and rattles its the hoop rattling against the inside of the lock when the boot is closed that makes the noise..as said earlier put a bit of grease on the hoop..the grease will help stop the lock from wearing anyway if it doesnt sort the rattle.....

after that rattle finding turns into a 2 person job one driving one moving around the car trying to pin point the noise...

iv found its not that the hoop moves around and rattles its the hoop rattling against the inside of the lock when the boot is closed that makes the noise..as said earlier put a bit of grease on the hoop..the grease will help stop the lock from wearing anyway if it doesnt sort the rattle.....

after that rattle finding turns into a 2 person job one driving one moving around the car trying to pin point the noise...

Thanks mate Ill give it a go at the weekend :smiley:

Anyone else got a creaking noise from under the dash? It's the duct pointing at my feet I think, don't know what I can do to fix it. Fine when it's cold....not so good when it's warm.

i have a very bad rattle from inside both doors, more so on the passenger side, i have been meaning to check it out, but iam alway fixing other ppls cars and only realy have time to clean and enjoy my clio, i did wonder if the person that had the car before me had aftermarket speakers in the doors, then removed them and put back to standard when selling, and did not fit them correctly, or it could just be down to the state of the scottish roads that have rattled somthing loose.:thumbdown:

For info: Fixed my rattle it was the boot lock -just added some grease and noise dissapeared - thanks to everyone for advice :smiley: