clio cup racers

New these cars are £37,000 I asked a Clio team at Brands. Seems a lot but when you look at the car and think it has to be hand built I think it's worth it. I'm looking at 2nd hand ones. Make an awesome track day car.

Yeah an awesome track day car mate. And a real trear to drive:smile: head turner or what lol

There was Cup racer at Oulton on Saturday with me, it was coming past me in a straight line like it had another 100HP.

They are NOT slow, ignore the BHP figure, think power:weight. I think the race cars are lapping at around 1:40 on slicks, that's a whole 30 seconds faster than me!

Forget the charger. Reshell yours as it stands and enjoy.

Anyone wanna buy a charger lol. No seriously i want mine as abit of a show car.

So buy that Matter Cup cage that's been floating around for months, re-jig the dashbar and column support, strip the inside and you're 95% there.

I'd completely scrap the s/c idea, get what you can for it and build the car ready to take a known plug & play conversion further down the line. Megane turbo or Bic's S/C kit once proven. I think your route is going to be 3 times the price and there's a good chance you'll never get it running right. No matter how many times you say "it'll be worth it" and "I'll never sell it", you'll lose interest and want rid, I've seen it a million times. With stuff so bespoke, you can only afford to be the pioneer if you can either do it yourself or you've money to burn.

Make the car faster the Chapman way, by adding lightness. Enjoy for a year and then look at proved conversions once they're more popular and the price has come down.

Last edited:
So buy that Matter Cup cage that's been floating around for months, re-jig the dashbar and column support, strip the inside and you're 95% there.

I'd completely scrap the s/c idea, get what you can for it and build the car ready to take a known plug & play conversion further down the line. Megane turbo or Bic's S/C kit once proven. I think your route is going to be 3 times the price and there's a good chance you'll never get it running right. No matter how many times you say "it'll be worth it" and "I'll never sell it", you'll lose interest and want rid, I've seen it a million times. With stuff so bespoke, you can only afford to be the pioneer if you can either do it yourself or you've money to burn.

Make the car faster the Chapman way, by adding lightness. Enjoy for a year and then look at proved conversions once they're more popular and the price has come down.

Do what you can afford . No point the s/c kit sitting there like it is now with no £££ to plough in to getting it done.

Keep it real , think long term , enjoy the car .

yeah im gunna save the charger kit though and put it on next year or something.

Read the previous issue of PFC where they featured renaultsport wimbledon who tried to make a cup racer road legal. They gave up in the end, nearly impossible due to regulations it had to meet.

Woody , mate , seriouslly.

Stop doing stuff and enjoy your car .

You seem to have som many ideas but not enough fundage or background info to make them work .

Sell the stuff . fit a rear cage if you must but for god sake enjoy the car .

When was the last time you just drove the clio they are amazing cars they can put a smile on your face in standard for they are brilliant out the box

Do a track day come on the one on the 17/12/2010 please i beg you then you will have an idea of where you want to go . and on top of that will have a great time and realise what an amazing car you already own.

Not meaning to be harsh your my mate you know that i just feel you need a kick up the bumb lol :smile:

aron ure right. im not selling the charger though lol. its my goal to get that fitted eventually.

last time i drove my car. . . . . . .. . ermmmm well its been a long time. 2 months? something like that.

like what ben?

They had to fit standard seats, glass windows, standard seatbelts, change all the switches on the dash, fit a handbrake, multiple light changes, emission problemsetc etc etc. I got the issue somewhere mate I'll read up on it and let you know.

They even tried blanking the rear windows out and testing it as a van for lesser restrictions but still failed with like over 100 faults after all that work.

lmfao well not gonna go as far as perspex windows but was hoping to strip the inside etc. y do you need a handbrake?