clio cup racers

I would have to buy the cup racer first n then sell the 197 i think my car is worth about 10 with a cup racer engine in it the racer wud cost 20k so id be looking at 10 grand........
Id sell all my bits like kws, bonnet, wheels, brakes etc and put some cash in towards it in april

Yes, due a load in end of this month, send me a pm as I've got several people on s list for them.

Woody, you'd be better off re-shelling your car into a cup shell, with the addition of a seq. Box

The 6k price tag for the sadev on its own puts me off. And no no no the supercharger would stll go ahead mate.

yj7p53n1.jpg

Fair enough, then I'd reconsider the project, cos @ £1200 just for a strip/inspect, which ideally wants to be done a couple of times a year, they aren't cheap to run if you can't DIY.
Plus their rated torque is 250n.m so way less than a SC motor puts out. This is what they advertise at least, they are capable of way more--we fitted one to a 320n.m s/c Renault spider we built, without any issues! That said, expect higher wear rates and more frequent dog ring changes.

Buy a shell Woody and use your car as the donor car.

I looked into this and it's still at the back of mind to do it. I'd do it purely as a track car though.

Fair enough, then I'd reconsider the project, cos @ £1200 just for a strip/inspect, which ideally wants to be done a couple of times a year, they aren't cheap to run if you can't DIY.
Plus their rated torque is 250n.m so way less than a SC motor puts out. This is what they advertise at least, they are capable of way more--we fitted one to a 320n.m s/c Renault spider we built, without any issues! That said, expect higher wear rates and more frequent dog ring changes.

If i used it 10 times a year what servicing would it need?

Strip/inspect at least once.

Depends on usage, you don't have to flat shift everywhere for eg.
They are ALOT more durable than a standard part, but they are ALOT more expensive to repair if they go wrong....so the idea is prevention is better than cure, so frequent check ups.

I see. Im going to ring the number on the link and find out how much they are and wether i cud say .......part exchange mine :smile:

Ok but remember to budget for change of wheels/tyres, suspension, security, converting to RHD if preferred, ID, MOT etc etc talking ~£5k there easy. Plus the 10k deficit after buying a racer and selling yours.

Then compare to say 8k for reshelling your car into a cup shell with the box.

Id just sell your car and all the bits woody and buy a complete new cup racer outright. Dont bother with the supercharging. The weak link will not be the speed, it will be your ability. Book some lessons, learn how to drive it on the track and enjoy it. I guarantee you the car has more talent than you can throw at it, so making it go faster in a straight line is a waste of cash.

I will potentially be looking at getting one in a few years.

I saw loads of these at Renault world series getting prepped for the scrutineering.

Absolutle mint cars tbh. The camber on the front was daft negative.

I'd love one of these but I can't justify the price tag for something that I'm going to abuse around the track.

Ill have to give it some thought. My driving talent im not sure about yet lol ive done 5 track days and dont seem too bad. I can see ure point deako the box is all i want thgh really.

is it really worth it mate? yours will be a track animal when done!! Id miss the heaters and little touches, you got it the best of both worlds when its done?

If you do go for it tho fair play, but give it some serious thought!! :smile:

Yeah but mike imagine the mods on a stripped out cup racer it wud be insane lol. Im in deep thought. Dont get me wrong i wudnt sell the supercharger id keep it for the racer in future.