clio cup racers

i want sadev sequential and total emptiness thats the only reason mate.

I can sell you a Sadev for about 6k :smile:

Tbh, if you were planning something like that I'd only suggest it as a second car/toy, and keep something sensible for day to day use.

Do it.

Would be easier to strip your own surely as getting one of them new then making it road legal wouldn't be easy surely.

Making it road legal isn't too hard, just put your road car numbers on it and MOT done, making it road suitable is another matter.....cup suspension would need to be switched for something more forgiving, so there's 3k for something "upto" the spec of the rest of the car.
Day to day wouldn't be great after the novelty has worn off, trust me.
I done it with a mk1 cup racer plus a 250bhp itb engine, you get sick of every ****er trying to race you, and the noise gets tiresome very quickly.
Hence I've got the 2008 cup racer as a competition car and a Nissan Navara as a daily hack :tongueout:

Horses for courses, and all that...

Yeah its just coming out to play for meets and track days once its done so no problems there.

So what would you do Woody, stop the work on your 197 and continue it on the racer? Or remove everything from your 197 and put it in the racer? Sounds expensive.

Hmmm ive just been on the phone to my mate n he said he could put everything i have in the cup racer or i could do an engine swap and sell the 197 with the cup racer engine..... What u reckon? The sadev box is worth the swap in its self

Sorry delay in posting!

So are you thinking of buying a whole cup racer, or building one up using cup shell etc?

In either case you'll need to ID it. Personally I'd build one using a shell, as you'll scrap stuff off a race car which makes it uneconomical to buy a complete racer.

Renault UK couldnt get a Clio Cup Racer through the SVA test so I doubt it is really viable

Why would you need to SVA it?

Buy the numbers and V5 from a Cat C/D transfer them and change colour and cc with dvla.