Clio 200 on Throttle bodies

Yeah jamsport have released the sc kit, I think I heard one if them say the 1st 5 kits are very discounted! It's also got about 40lb ft more than k tecs charger.

Then if u decided to forge its easy. I'm just help up by the only supplier of my conrods lol!! It is great tho, retains the Clio character and is proper rapid!! The torque is so good!

Yeah jamsport have released the sc kit, I think I heard one if them say the 1st 5 kits are very discounted! It's also got about 40lb ft more than k tecs charger.

Then if u decided to forge its easy. I'm just help up by the only supplier of my conrods lol!! It is great tho, retains the Clio character and is proper rapid!! The torque is so good!

Cheers mate, i shall call them 2mo properly

Just spoke to Jamsport and they haven't finalised it yet as they have been so busy , they are hoping to have it listed by the end of the month , ball park figures are £4000 to buy it in kit form or £5500 drive in drive out.

Just spoke to Jamsport and they haven't finalised it yet as they have been so busy , they are hoping to have it listed by the end of the month , ball park figures are £4000 to buy it in kit form or £5500 drive in drive out.

Lol, and is that ment to be heavily discounted?

No that will be standard price angel. I only heard it might be discounted, not officially :smile: for the parts inc ecu ect it's not that bad. Mods always mean big monies lol

Your biggest problem with the 197/200 regarding ITBs is the lack of space up front. Trumpet lengths have to be significantly sacrificed to fit behind the slam panel, of which is integral to the rigidity of the car and therefore cannot be removed like the mk2s.

And obviously week one, day one of ITBs we learn that trumpet length, or lack of, has a direct effect on torque ( the usable power ).

GDI did a setup that followed the original manifolds route, I call it the 'up and over' setup, but this places the inlet at the rear of the hot engine and also introduces bends and therefore restrictions into the inlet.

TDF do a race setup which replaces the entire front of the slam panel/subframe with a custom built front end 'cage' to allow trumpet length to stop behind the grill! But this isn't avaliable on road cars and very expensive anyway. That's not to say it won't be making a one off appearance on my car :wink:

Ben.

Your biggest problem with the 197/200 regarding ITBs is the lack of space up front. Trumpet lengths have to be significantly sacrificed to fit behind the slam panel, of which is integral to the rigidity of the car and therefore cannot be removed like the mk2s.

And obviously week one, day one of ITBs we learn that trumpet length, or lack of, has a direct effect on torque ( the usable power ).

GDI did a setup that followed the original manifolds route, I call it the 'up and over' setup, but this places the inlet at the rear of the hot engine and also introduces bends and therefore restrictions into the inlet.

TDF do a race setup which replaces the entire front of the slam panel/subframe with a custom built front end 'cage' to allow trumpet length to stop behind the grill! But this isn't avaliable on road cars and very expensive anyway. That's not to say it won't be making a one off appearance on my car :wink:

Ben.

wow, all the best with that :smile:

Wat sort of power will u be looking at Ben?

As it stood before the rebuild it pulled 221bhp (220.9 if you wish to be exact, i wouldnt want to be branded a dyno fibber over point of a bhp lol!).

With the high comp pistons, cat 403s and the longer trumpets we're looking at a target of 235bhp optimistically, but will make significantly more gains on torque mid and high range, I can't remember it's original figures but I believe it to be around the 190 mark, so if I can break 200 lb/ft I'll be happy. Obviously with the race cams comes the loss of VVT so I'll have big losses below 4000rpm...

Yeah but who drives below that any way :wink: Will be good mate! You taking it out round trax? I wanna see it!

Good luck Ben will be great to see the car in action , not on the ramp :smile:

The long trumpets sounds very interesting . . . .

Unfortunately it won't be on track at Trax, the engines only just run in and requires a little more adjustment before we bolt the trumpets on and map it. I'd luv to have it ready for the last show of the season but budgets tight atm, I get married 6th September so not a penny to spare for the poor 197.

I will try and get it to the show in it's current setup though, I'm sure you can appreciate the weekend before is cutting it fine but I may get permission from HQ lol :wink:

Fair enough mate, you need to start showing it off tho :wink: That is cutting it fine lol mine should be ready in stage 3 guise, will be cutting it fine as well but im hoping! One way or another it will either be stage2/3 going round :smile:

I attended FCS and CSS but it never seems to get noticed by anyone lol. In my whole car show career I've only spoken to a handful of 197.net members, perhaps my mean machine intimidates you all :wink:

Lol perhaps you should come on the 197 stand for once lol?! :tongueout: I only ever see your car and never you lol!

But the misses is CS Essex area rep and refuses not to be parked next to me so what can I do!?

There's only so long I can stand next to my car looking smug lol, then she usually pulls me away to walk about. I occasionally bump into Jase and his misses but no one else.

Lol women have that affect i suppose :wink: Best to keep the peace sometimes lol! You should come over early mate, at FCS we were hanging around the cars for quite a while. So are you up to full revs now?

Lol there's no escaping the tyrant ( my god I hope she never comes across this thread! ).

It's past it's 600 mile run in period but I'm still on restricted revs/throttle until an oil change is done.