Clio 200 on Throttle bodies

Bentley 200

Platinum Member
Sorry if this has been spoke about before but has anyone done this yet? How easy is it to do?
Where can you get bits?

Ben has done it to his 197.

It is doable, as anything is really if you have the funds and the desire. There's a couple of kits out there already and the rumours are that some of the usual suspects are testing kits of their own at the moment too. It's not a cheap modification and it won't give as big a gains as an S/C or Meg' conversion but the noise of ITBs is something special.

Ben has done it to his 197.

It is doable, as anything is really if you have the funds and the desire. There's a couple of kits out there already and the rumours are that some of the usual suspects are testing kits of their own at the moment too. It's not a cheap modification and it won't give as big a gains as an S/C or Meg' conversion but the noise of ITBs is something special.

Well i was going to do a meg lump but i decided i wanted to do something different.. What companies do these? And how much we talking about roughly?

Reactions: DRaider
AT Power (sure that's the name of them) currently make a kit and I think TDF are the guys to speak to about getting hold of that and fitting it. Like I say, others are working on it though too at the moment.

You won't get much change from £3,000. Roughly around the same price as a Meg' conversion but if you want to go down the power route then ultimately the Meg' will give you bigger numbers and more bang per buck.

Bens popped on standard pistons. He already had cams, and I remember him saying it cost him roughly 6-6.5k inc a race dash coz the fuel gauge don't work and he got 220 ish. So you'll probably want pistons, cams and that's without inlets head work Ben also has. It's mental money. SC or meg is so much better value for money and more power.

But as with all modifying, it's all personal choice :smile: if u wanna go for it do it, just the money for the gains puts me off.

Last edited:
That would barely, if even at all, cover the cost of the hardware.

That's what I mean, I think the AT kit is up around the £3,000 mark isn't it?

Labour, mapping and any extra bits and bobs would cost who knows what depending on where you had it done and all the rest of it. That's what I mean about the Meg' setup offering the best bang per buck, for around the £3,000 mark you can have that setup in and finished. But my God, ITBs sound immense. :smile:

Bens popped on standard pistons. He already had cams, and I remember him saying it cost him roughly 6-6.5k inc a race dash coz the fuel gauge don't work and he got 220 ish. So you'll probably want pistons, cams and that's without inlets head work Ben also has. It's mental money. SC or meg is so much better value for money and more power.

But as with all modifying, it's all personal choice :smile: if u wanna go for it do it, just the money for the gains puts me off.

Yer i knew the power gains would be no where near as good but i was thinking of something different tbh.. So i will be looking around the 7k mark? Inc the cams, pistons.. To get all bits fitted and mapped?

Yer i knew the power gains would be no where near as good but i was thinking of something different tbh.. So i will be looking around the 7k mark? Inc the cams, pistons.. To get all bits fitted and mapped?

For 7k you could have a forged Meg conversion or forged supercharger :wink:

MikeLY is currently on a standard engine and running around 260BHP. I've been in it and its savage. You could forge it with rods and pistons as he is doing and go for more power.

MikeLY is currently on a standard engine and running around 260BHP. I've been in it and its savage. You could forge it with rods and pistons as he is doing and go for more power.

Lol sounds wicked :wink: Did he do the conversion himself or a company?

Mines charged on a standard lump, 260 bhp 250 torque, 5k miles in, 4 track days later and it's sweet!!

No idea on price, between 7-8k for bodies with everything five if imagine. I no Ben has spent a huge amount on it!

Like I said tho it's down to the individual and fair play if u do it mate. It's just justifying the cost lol!

I didn't as I was the development mule. Not to sure on price, best giving them a call mate. They are based in Northampton buddy :smile:

Cool mate, look in my progress thread for pics, it's in this months pfc mag as well :smile:

best thing to do is decide what you want then ring around the usual suspects.

Jamsport have done a s/c conversion as mentioned above. K-Tec have been testing thier s/c setup for a little while now and have done a fair few meg conversions. I am sure TDF would offer a few options. RST have done meg conversions also.

So plenty of options out there.

give them a ring, tell them what your after, and get some feedback and info.