Clio 200 - F4Rt

Nice session Mat, great laps. Was good to see you on Saturday, car looked and sounded, erm, standard LOL

When I took mine there in December had no end of people asking me about it...same for you on Saturday judging by your pace?

You have a solid 4 seconds on me and my best in my 900kg 172 Cup...I'd give anything to be able to hold 4th through Lavant in the 200, 3rd's needed but I have to take 4th before the exit grrrr.

If you haven't already, try taking 4th after no name and before St. Marys...I find the approach and entry to no name much easier as you don't unsettle it with a downshift and you've then got plenty of time once back over before St. Marys to take 4th.

Finally, you soooo need to datalog a day! Would love to do some split screen comparisons.

Cheers for the positive and wise words Mark. We need to meet up and discuss track fun in more detail!

Small update on the car......

It goes to ktec tomorrow to have the following fitted:

Megane 225 gearbox - The clio 200 box is starting to feel the strain, so a megane box was needed. I couldnt find a R26 box, so went with the 225 box and have had a Quaife diff fitted. the box has had a full strip and refurb, with various new bearings being fitted.

helix Clutch & Flywheel - Uprated Helix clutch and single mass flywheel, to replace the fairly warn standard item. Will hold up to track use and any further power (within reason)

Braided Brake Hoses HEL braided brake hoses combined with RBF600 fluid. To aid brake feel and performance when on track. The RBF600 will also be bled through the clutch system

Sports Cat down pipe Ktec 3 inch sports cat down pipe. This will hopefully give a few extra bhp, but will also avoid the problem of swapping a de-cat pipe for MOT's. So the best of both worlds. I have had this ceramic coated to aid with keeping engine bay temps down and the heat in the pipe to aid gas flow.

The car will be with ktec for a week, so will report back when its returned to me.

Thats it for now, but i have some other goodies on the horizon, so will update as and when they are fitted.

Noddie - yeah, still got it on. Doesn't pop like it used. It's really quiet and civilised. Which is good most of the time, but sometimes I wish it would melt my ears now and then!

Litchy - not 100% on the final figure, but there is little change from £1000. Everything is so expensive for these cars!!!!

Noddie - yeah, still got it on. Doesn't pop like it used. It's really quiet and civilised. Which is good most of the time, but sometimes I wish it would melt my ears now and then!

Litchy - not 100% on the final figure, but there is little change from £1000. Everything is so expensive for these cars!!!!

Agree about exhaust note, It feels like the open filter is more noisy that the supersprint!!! Its probably one of the few downsides, I kind of miss the grunt from the V6 airbox.

To be honest fmp, nothing surprises me about the cost....there's some quality parts that have gone into that car of yours.....

Is there a way to make the meg engine rev to 7500 or whatever the Clio 197 revs to and continue to pull to the red line?

I'd love it if you could make it scream as much as the Clio engine does..

Amazing how quick that pulls!

Last edited:
Very good session fmp but shame you are not keeping the close ratio gearbox. Totally understand the reasons though..

Is there a way to make the meg engine rev to 7500 or whatever the Clio 197 revs to and continue to pull to the red line?

I'd love it if you could make it scream as much as the Clio engine does..

Amazing how quick that pulls!

With a forged engine build there is no reason not to set the rev limiter higher. you would just need a bigger turbo to warrant it, so the power stayed higher in the revs.

Very good session fmp but shame you are not keeping the close ratio gearbox. Totally understand the reasons though..

I am a bit gutted too, as I love the shorter box. But needs must.

I know its going to be slower with the megane box, so I will have to counter act this with...... more power!!!!

Well that's good news.

Will give it a good thrashing at brands on oct 4th, then off to the Ring on the 19th. Will be good to lap there with a diff! Finally get the power down early. Should shave a few seconds off the BTG times :smile:

just noticed the pics, many thanks for posting!

I kept falling in and out of love with the white wheels (cup racer speedlines). So decided to sell and run Oz's as Noddie mentioned. Just need a second set for track work at some point.

finally an update........

So as some may have seen my car has been with Safety Devices for the last few weeks.

I wanted a roll cage for it but one that allowed the interior to stay in place and the rear seats to still be usable.

I had one of thier cages in my old 182 which had the same properties. This cage was supplied by Mark Fish Motorsport as they are the exclusive point of sales for Clio based cages.

So after a few phone calls back and forward with Mark Fish it was agreed to get my car in and have a cage designed and made.

I collected the car this morning and have to say I am rather pleased with the outcome. Fits extremely well with the interior, has ticked all the boxes I requested and should add some stiffness to the chassis and most importantly keep me safe should the worse happen on track.

Took some pics to show what its like. I will update with the door bars and rear bar removed at some point to show its diversity!

photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg

I am not sure on the initial availability as they need to be put into production. Price wise you would need to call Mark Fish Motorsport.