Clio 197 vs Corsa VXR

First pics of the new motor, owned it nearly a month now. Owned the VXR for almost 2 years so threw a few pics in for good measure. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment.

First impressions...loving the cheaper insurance, cheaper tyres, larger fuel tank, ride, the handling and road holding just wish it had something similar to the VXR's 1.6T..personal preference :smile:

Time will tell as to reliability..the CVXR's are shocking that's why i got rid.

New (Clio 197)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gods2ic/sets/72157626310459110/

Old (Corsa VXR)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gods2ic/sets/72157626194435623/

even if the corsa was faster, it is the complete opposite of what the clio is - as it comes LAST in all the group tests!! as oppose to FIRST where the clio comes.... lol.

These cars are generally pretty reliable, hardly anyone on here has had major problems.

You did well to get a white 197, not many of them around!

I've not heard of anyone breaking down anyone else? I've heard of VXRs slotting holes in pistons etc.

No doubt they have their own problems mostly due to build quality of the interior (better but still not as good as others) and some funny 'french logic' but they seem fairly solid.

Even people who've 'fiddled' with them don't seem to have many if any problems.

They may not quite have a CTR(EP3) or a VXR in a straight line as both have either more torque or just a touch more power, but trust me when I say they corner on rails even on standard road rubber and they belong on winding country roads (see the gallery for a couple of recent day trips I took pics of :smile: ).

Last edited:
Only one I can think was LYMike whose engine put a cylinder through the block IIRC, not bad for the number sold IMO

Wasn't that after having some work done though?

From what I've read the F4R is pretty much bomb proof, if anything mechanical goes wrong its normally the gearboxes

I had a Corsa VXR also and now onto the Clio 200. Both superb little cars and wont mind owning another VXR tbh.

Only heard about the one engine that was chaged under warranty on here, other stuff has been minor. Hopefully it'll stay that way too! Nice car, it is rare to see a FF 197 in white.