Clio 197 steady progress

Check the seals haven't perished on your calipers - if they have, and it's let water into the pistons, you may need new calipers. I found this out the hard way unfortunately.

Hope this isn't the case! How much are new rear callipers?

From memory about £120 each I think? I'd have to dig out the MOT invoice.

From memory about £120 each I think? I'd have to dig out the MOT invoice.
Jesus, hope it isn't that then. Hopefully going to a friend of my dads later this week who's a mechanic so hopefully he'll be able to sort them easily. Fingers crossed

Good news! The brakes were an easy fixed and he only charged me a tenner. The car feels much better now. Also got the wheel insert fitted and the rear silver indicator bulbs. It started raining so didn't have time to fit the front ones.
6db8c89b27125499b382e8ec288b23e6.jpgfd89db87fb43b42a55a82f1cc3d10246.jpg

Last edited:
Wheel insert looks good, I've always thought about adding this myself. 22.7 average mpg though :blush:hmy: that's some rather hard driving :thumbsup:

Looks like your steering wheel is in better shape than most too! Can't see any peeling in the pic

Wheel insert looks good, I've always thought about adding this myself. 22.7 average mpg though :blush:hmy: that's some rather hard driving :thumbsup:

Looks like your steering wheel is in better shape than most too! Can't see any peeling in the pic

Thanks! [emoji4] I have been driving it quite hard but even on a run it was poor. This is mostly likely down to the sticking brakes hahaha. Yeah there is a small bit of peeling around the outside but nothing major

The silver bulbs make a big difference, really freshens up the front end especially. The fronts are a lot quicker than the rears to change, a few seconds either side :smile:

£10 for the brakes sorting is a bit of a bargain!

Changed my four bulbs over to silver yesterday,when you've got the rear cluster units off get rid
of all the leaf gunge that collects on the body work,used a few cotton buds.l was surprised how
messy it was back there.

Went out for a little drive on Saturday and got a few photos. I think this is the best photo I've ever taken hahaha
f4a054c53df9f1f4240192a2fed6acd0.jpg

Damn that looks good. Half tempted to steal that as a desktop wallpaper and tell people its my own :wink: haha

Awesome pix, these cars still can hold there own amongst the machines of today. This is a cult hot hatch, bumped it never made the 100 cars that TopGear rated, but then again Who is TopGear anyway? LOL

Did the silencer delete this morning. Love the sound and it hardly drones at all when cruising on the motorway. Definitely worth the money

My boot is wont open. However it is intermittent and will open sometimes. It started after I washed the car on Saturday so assumed it had got wet and hoped it would open again. How do you get the panel off to get to the switch without having to open the boot as it seems to stop opening everytime I go to try and sort it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk