Chris's LY 200t.

Bloody hell Chris!!! I spat my drink out. Was totally sucked in for a second.

:excited:

:smiley:

What's the score with the clutch and gearbox and the extra ponies / torques after remapping Chris ?

No issues reported from anyone I know of or what I've heard.

Is that the front wiper linkage Chris? Do you know what the updates are?

They doing satnav update and a gearbox update. Will let you know tonight how it panned out.

what a lovely motor Chris..whats MPG on it?bet like 120 :sweatsmile:

No idea mate actually, they said it will be about the same. Depends if my right foot gets twitchier I guess.

Reactions: Pav
Nice one on getting the gearbox update, should be a little bonus to go along with the remap :wink: Assuming it's the update that's in line with the 220/Trophy??

No issues reported from anyone I know of or what I've heard.

They doing satnav update and a gearbox update. Will let you know tonight how it panned out.

No idea mate actually, they said it will be about the same. Depends if my right foot gets twitchier I guess.

Thanks Chris. I must fill out the form I have here so I get notified about things like this from the dealer.

My car had a remap when I bought it, and it's really frugal on long runs.

Thanks Chris. I must fill out the form I have here so I get notified about things like this from the dealer.

My car had a remap when I bought it, and it's really frugal on long runs.
Sounds good as well if I remember correctly:wink:

Well had the gearbox update done and got too say it's made a huge difference. Really surprised actually and am disappointed in renault for not making this a standard update when you have a service.

The car drives day to day miles better, stays in gears longer, not so keen to jump down a gear, and is very fast to change exactly when you want it too. Also tackled a coupe of roundabouts and no muddles with the lower gear which was a bit of a gripe to be honest!

Sport mode although only a quick test feels Quicker to change which is nice (although it was fast before to be fair)

Reactions: ///M
Well had the gearbox update done and got too say it's made a huge difference. Really surprised actually and am disappointed in renault for not making this a standard update when you have a service.

The car drives day to day miles better, stays in gears longer, not so keen to jump down a gear, and is very fast to change exactly when you want it too. Also tackled a coupe of roundabouts and no muddles with the lower gear which was a bit of a gripe to be honest!

Sport mode although only a quick test feels Quicker to change which is nice (although it was fast before to be fair)

I was going to say something before about what a huge difference this can make (had it done on mine) but thought I'd wait and let you have a nice surprise. Mad what a difference it can make right?

Pleased for you mate. Only getting better when Paul has had a go at it too.

Reactions: Chris
I was going to say something before about what a huge difference this can make (had it done on mine) but thought I'd wait and let you have a nice surprise. Mad what a difference it can make right?

Pleased for you mate. Only getting better when Paul has had a go at it too.

Yeah it's really easier to drive now (not like it was hard before) but you don't have to think about how to drive in harmony with the box, you can just drive now.

Actually feels faster now overall now as because it's not so keen to drop down gears, it really uses the turbo more now in the mid range rather than it changing you down and you being in a higher gear at higher rpm...

Reactions: ///M and Beany

Even quicker :excited:

Sounds good tho mate... I'm happy for ya that the car is behaving / driving how it should be!

Looking forward to seeing the end results from RST :smile:

Yeah it's really easier to drive now (not like it was hard before) but you don't have to think about how to drive in harmony with the box, you can just drive now.

Actually feels faster now overall now as because it's not so keen to drop down gears, it really uses the turbo more now in the mid range rather than it changing you down and you being in a higher gear at higher rpm...

Yeah, made a WORLD of difference to mine. Auto blip on downshifts became bloody epic!

like these good news updates Chris..what did they do??was it a software upgrade or an actual mechanical one??
glad you are happy with it..as I said on the Dales run when i was driving behind you..the car is super fast when overtaking..
must be even better now..

Great news on the update, Chris, really glad you're so happy with it. It is good that they're making the upgrade available to people now.

Similar Thread Suggestions