Chris's UR 197

Lundysx

Paid Member
Hello ....

Well after the long and lonely road of just having a van , i decided that now was the time i need a car in my life again , having had an iceberg 172 cup and a normal 172 i didn't want to be back in another . So after viewing a few 197's & 200's, some being well over priced and some in poor condition i found a 197 r27 in ultra red, nearly on my doorstep i couldn't believe it after a weekend of going all over. Now the cars not new so inevitability there have been and are some issues.

Unfortunately the car was holding back 'say' above 4500-5000rpm so firstly checked the plugs and as expected really they where completely knackered, number 3&4 at least , replaced them and now its as it should be and puts a smile on my face everytime its driven spiritedly.

The only other thing i couldn't decide on was the stickers , now when i first got it i loved them but the more i saw some without them the more they bugged me. So there all gone the roof still needs a good cut but i'm happy with it (for now). I also don't feel bad , i know they where black and copies, the originals where grey and expensive.

There was also a renault sport sticker placed on the front bumper over the black , which i've since found out is to hide the laquer peel on the bumper
clear.png
. So now that's on the list to sort.

I've had it on a ramp and found its on H&R springs and has Hel braided lines which is good.

Future plans are to enjoy it , change the breaks/tyres and just generally tidy it up and have the alloys done another colour. (oh and a steering wheel re trim)

Thanks for reading Chris

rXh4r7qh.jpg
5HPdp3Ch.jpg

0FYoffyh.jpg

Cheers...

I did a search with the f1 number and found it but not much on it really.

Thinking of changing he wheel colour asap and not sure what to go with any recommendations ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along!

Car looks great.

I have the original anthracite colour on mine and I love them, was tempted to go black but I just love this colour too much!

IMG_3905_zpsftqrgjwj.jpg

Small update :

Just a small update really as the tyres on the car wasn't inspiring confidence I've ditched the budget ones and fitted Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the difference is night and day when pushing a tad hard. I've also had the center dash strips painted yellow , maybe not to everyone's taste but i personally like it :-p .

Next i think on the list to do are get the steering wheel re-trimed and get the bloody alloys refurbed !!

OxJQoEVl.jpg
VsFR20ql.jpg

GYAk5nmh.jpg
1zjSnVIl.jpg
iSc1GALl.jpg
tFHTVWAl.jpg
3aLyOEll.jpg

Cheers for reading , comments always welcome ! Chris

The car is looking great, hope you enjoy the new tyres! It is brilliant when you go from lacklustre tyres to a decent set, I had the same experience with mine.

The yellow dash strips are a nice little contrast to the red :smiley: it's all about the individuality!

same here..bought mine with some s*** tyres on and as soon as i got my hands on a set of ad08's,the diff was incredible..stick to decent tyres and you will have much more confidence in your car and its handling..

Love that colour Chris. Always had a soft-spot for a nice Red.

Looks very well. What's been done to achieve the stance ? I really like the ride-height / looks........

The car is looking great, hope you enjoy the new tyres! It is brilliant when you go from lacklustre tyres to a decent set, I had the same experience with mine.

The yellow dash strips are a nice little contrast to the red :smiley: it's all about the individuality!

Thanks yea there's defiantly an improvement haha

same here..bought mine with some s*** tyres on and as soon as i got my hands on a set of ad08's,the diff was incredible..stick to decent tyres and you will have much more confidence in your car and its handling..

Sometimes I wonder why people do it ..it grinds my gears ! nothing worse than seeing a 'performance' car with naff tyres !

Love that colour Chris. Always had a soft-spot for a nice Red.

Looks very well. What's been done to achieve the stance ? I really like the ride-height / looks........

Thanks buddy, its only on h&r springs paired with the cup shocks :thumbup1:

michelin PSS is a brilliant tyre. good choice.

Seam to get good reviews !

Similar Thread Suggestions