Chris' LY R27 Project 10/12/12

Hi Guys had my car for around 3 weeks now so thought I would stick a little progress thread up. Not done too much at the mo but once funds ease a little more mods will be added.

Picked it up totally standard and have since purchased/fitted:

Ported & Polished Throttle Body
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Exhaust Tips
ITG Maxogen Induction Kit
Black diamond for the front

Plan on having a remap at some point, probably at RS Tuning in Leeds

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I'd stick the Hekos on btw. Done nothing but annoy me when I had 'em on my Corsa.

Looks great! I have never bothered with the deflectors - roll the windows all of the way down and find a tunnel lol! :smiley:

Looks good Chris, wheels are a nice choice. :smile:

You'll have to bring her out to play at some point in the summer. :thumbsup:

Fitted the TB yesterday, not really noticed any difference but didnt expect to without the induction kit and a remap being done. Collected the Maxogen this morning from Lewis, great guy and took me out in his 200 so I could hear the KTec catback (which I should be having off him soon). The Maxgen is going on tomorrow and really looking forward to how it sounds and how its pulls.

Fitted the TB yesterday, not really noticed any difference but didnt expect to without the induction kit and a remap being done. Collected the Maxogen this morning from Lewis, great guy and took me out in his 200 so I could hear the KTec catback (which I should be having off him soon). The Maxgen is going on tomorrow and really looking forward to how it sounds and how its pulls.

they do sound good!always better to get a run out with one on in the flesh :thumbup1:

All I know is its a ported and polished TB from a 182. Dont know if ported means the same as bored out?

i'm not 100% but i think its 2 different meanings mate,think when porting something u remove any lips,bumps or lumps etc then u polish it for better flow,when u bore something out u increase the bore size to allow more flow

Ahh right cheers for the info, I only bought it because it was cheap and I knew I could sell my standard one and nearly recover the costs. Its going on a RR in April so will see what the maxogen and new TB puts out

Similar Thread Suggestions