Carbon airbox lovelyness!!

Hi Kevo
I am a few steps behind you but I went for a CF bonnet from K-Tec which saves me cutting up the original. Whilst it cost £350 I figured it would save money as it ever it was to back to original then there's be no expensive original parts or paintshop involved. I was thinking to fit a scoop type intake by the way. I was worried how the black bonnet was going to look on Nimbus silver but I am happy with the result as are others who see it. Keep up the cutting edge work m8 !!

Hi Kevo
I am a few steps behind you but I went for a CF bonnet from K-Tec which saves me cutting up the original. Whilst it cost £350 I figured it would save money as it ever it was to back to original then there's be no expensive original parts or paintshop involved. I was thinking to fit a scoop type intake by the way. I was worried how the black bonnet was going to look on Nimbus silver but I am happy with the result as are others who see it. Keep up the cutting edge work m8 !!

Hello mate, I will have another crack at it lol!!

Whats your plans for yours then?

Hello mate, I will have another crack at it lol!!

Whats your plans for yours then?
Like you I set just out to improve airflow into my ITG unit and I just wanted some extra grunt. I didn't like the bent up inlet pipe and wanted to ram some air in there. The ITG guys also reckoned it was a squash and perhaps not ideal. The battery was taking up all the space and I saw you fitted a Red Top so copied you (soz) - I still have to figure out the type of scoop/intake to best use. As said I went for the CF bonnet so not to mess the original one up. Work prevents me from having the time right now to finish the job, will let you know how it goes - Keep up the great work Kevo and keep us all posted !

Like you I set just out to improve airflow into my ITG unit and I just wanted some extra grunt. I didn't like the bent up inlet pipe and wanted to ram some air in there. The ITG guys also reckoned it was a squash and perhaps not ideal. The battery was taking up all the space and I saw you fitted a Red Top so copied you (soz) - I still have to figure out the type of scoop/intake to best use. As said I went for the CF bonnet so not to mess the original one up. Work prevents me from having the time right now to finish the job, will let you know how it goes - Keep up the great work Kevo and keep us all posted !

LOL, mate im chuffed that you copied mine!! Shows I did something right!!

tbh mate i think alot of people will be copying you as you are always the first to do whatever your doing and then other people follow . me included all i need is my battery to be delivered :smile:

tbh mate i think alot of people will be copying you as you are always the first to do whatever your doing and then other people follow . me included all i need is my battery to be delivered :smile:

LOL, im just a nutter mate that occasionaly has a good idea!! If you need any help with yours just let me know!

Kev, am I right in thinking that the OE set up has an Oil breather pipe that vents into the inlet like the 1*2s do? If so, where have you got this venting now? Just looking at catch tanks and then realised i dont even know for sure if theres a use for one lol.