Carbon airbox lovelyness!!

So some will know Im venting my bonnet with a NACA to feed my airbox....

naca-50.jpg

My old box set up (ITG LRAB 65) was fed from the arch, worked well but so much shit sucked up.... was set up as below....

box2.jpg

The position wouldnt work with the new vent and you will also note the bend in the samco so..

Fitted the new box today (ITG AB65)no bends and looks sexy as ****!! Will tie up to the vent nicely!! Drawing in hot air at the mo but I'm thinking the lack of bends and direct air will help a wee bit!

box2-1.jpg

box1.jpg

Kev, am I right in thinking you could run a similar setup with a cold air feed coming from the front of the car rather than cutting up the bonnet if you rotated the airbox??

Kev, am I right in thinking you could run a similar setup with a cold air feed coming from the front of the car rather than cutting up the bonnet if you rotated the airbox??

Im not sure I get you mate! rotated it which way? you could feed it from the front in this position but you would need a long feed to get to the left grille and would be running the air along the front of the hot block!

That is awesome! I take it it wouldn't fit with the standard battery still in place?

Ta mate, nope wouldnt fit with STD :worried:

I mean so that the trumpet is lying flat along the battery rather than pointing up towards the bonnet.

Suppose I am thinking aloud really lol.

off topic but You spoken to the boss about next month?

I mean so that the trumpet is lying flat along the battery rather than pointing up towards the bonnet.

Suppose I am thinking aloud really lol.

off topic but You spoken to the boss about next month?

Just loosen the clamp and move it down, easy!!

Boss says yes BTW!

What about the 60 degree pipe, or is there still no room?

What pipe is this mate??? There isnt the room for the box with the STD battery and casing!!

What pipe is this mate??? There isnt the room for the box with the STD battery and casing!!

The other version of the box, the part that comes off where the air is sucked in, comes out at a 60 degree angle rather than 90 like yours. Was just curious, but seems the box itself is too big to fit around a std battery anyway! :worried:

The other version of the box, the part that comes off where the air is sucked in, comes out at a 60 degree angle rather than 90 like yours. Was just curious, but seems the box itself is too big to fit around a std battery anyway! :worried:

Ahh I get you mate, neither will fit Im affraid :worried:

Last edited:
vent arrived today, om nom nom!! Weighs the same as a piece of A4, proper carbon!!!

venty.jpg

By kevo66 at 2009-10-22

vent2.jpg

By kevo66 at 2009-10-22

that looks the dogs danglies Kev, :drool::drool:

i bet you cant wait to get it on the car,

awaiting the fitted pics, :drool:

:drool:

Its going to be chomping down on the cold mornings pretty soon this kev. A bit like this fellow chomping down on little dots on a map..

385px-Pac_Man_svg.png