Carbon airbox lovelyness!!

thats what i like to see someone with balls putting a hole in there bonnet .but please measure twice and cut once, you dont want to get that wrong.should look great

thats what i like to see someone with balls putting a hole in there bonnet .but please measure twice and cut once, you dont want to get that wrong.should look great

true pal true!! Dont want to be left with a wonky hole lol :smiley:

it all looks great kev :wink:

where does the water go when it rains though ???

Hi mate, a little water in there is not a prob (i.e rain water when driving), when standing it wont be a prob as it will slope downwards with the bonnet.

I will be drilling a drain hole into the bottom of the airbox (facing the back of the bay) to allow any bigger ammount of water that gets in to drain out :wink:

Mate this is going to look seriously nice, would you be able to put up a how to once you have done and let us all know where you got everything from and how much, i want to try having a go at something like this.

Hi mate, a little water in there is not a prob (i.e rain water when driving), when standing it wont be a prob as it will slope downwards with the bonnet.

I will be drilling a drain hole into the bottom of the airbox (facing the back of the bay) to allow any bigger ammount of water that gets in to drain out :wink:

Glad you've thought of that. At Knockhill when it rains which is more often than not, your driving in alot of spray if your following someone. The duct should help the induction note aswell :smiley:

Last edited:
Spray is fine pal, the arch feed on mine used to suck up alot of it!! A fine mist of water is OK, big amount of it though, would be bad!!

Ohhh you need to have a day at Knockers...it's not spray mate :lol: its a whole lotta water, the fastest wiper setting sometimes isnt enough

Well its on....
kiteflying024.jpg

We went for a slanted fit as the light/bonnet slant and TBH Im not sure at all!! :worried: SO long as it works thats all that matters though to me! Still.... wish we had mounted it straight, meh....

kiteflying026.jpg

Need my ducting to direct the air though, unless I move the ecu bracket, then it will line straight up!!

kiteflying023.jpg

lol it dont look bad for a diy tbh ! but i think it would look better straight on and i think its going to bug you as well