Cams... worth it?

Well I happen to be in a position to maybe cam the clio.... now question is... is it really worth doing? or is there better things out there £1300 can buy?

Plus 15bhp, to me that was barely noticable. Throws the powerband even higher and shorter too. I'd spend the money on either exhaust+remap or an awesome coilover setup :smile:

Im caming mine when I have the money. I heard from varours people its worth it. Its one of those things its your money your car. Do what you want :smile:

Plus 15bhp, to me that was barely noticable. Throws the powerband even higher and shorter too. I'd spend the money on either exhaust+remap or an awesome coilover setup :smile:

Got to kind of agree, to see the real benefits of cams, they need to be in conjunction with other mods.

Ben's car would be awesome on ITB's for example

for me, matched inlets, remap and coilovers first

V6 airbox??

Haven't heard great things about having this done.. heard it actually had a negative effect... :thumbdown:

I have the v6 set up. My car made 191bhp on rollers at RS Tuning with miltek, decat and matched inlets. Thats some negative effect and Paul said thats as strong as he's seen from pre-mapped car. Made 196bhp after map. I recon cammed + around 225 would be a perfect set up. I don't buy this thing that the clios aren't quick even in standard form. The clio beats my ability to drive ever time.

Last edited:
Got to kind of agree, to see the real benefits of cams, they need to be in conjunction with other mods.

Ben's car would be awesome on ITB's for example

for me, matched inlets, remap and coilovers first

So you reckon matched inlets then have it mapped again...? I willhave to give you a call in.the week.

When my schricks were in it made a huge difference, they are 288 degree lift. 3k onwards was much better, and past 5k it charged all the way to 7.8k through all the gears.

I liked mine....

Does need other mods. Not slit could keep with mine once the ****e cam timing was sorted. If you do it, make sure you get a proper job done on the fitting....