Power from Cams, Ported Intake mani and full exhaust

Tarticmonkey

Paid Member
To cut a long story short, I am helping my friend source a 200.

He's put a deposit down on a car that appears to be a good example but has been tinkered with.

It has this K-Tec Kit on already https://k-tecracing.com/products/ktr-clio-3-rs-camshaft-exhaust-and-induction-kit-package but with an added K-Tec exhaust mani and what appears to be ported intake mani too (It's painted like MS Custom engineering paint their manifolds).

My question is this - what power should it make? As the garage is saying it makes 207 brake which strikes me as a bit low?

As I understand it you would get that power with the mods above with out cams?

As said about right, the 402s are really hit n miss power wise, from first hand experience I wouldn't have fitted ported manifolds either they do lose a noticeable amount of torque when they get fitted, maybe with 403s fitted yeah but I wouldn't have on 402, tbh a lot of them will be lucky to make either 197-200 hp as they do lose some over the years, some get really lucky and get the original power and some don't, that twingo of mine only had 185 when it was on the rollers, 207 will be nice

Personally unless it had cams fitted then I wouldn't but given this one has them fitted and mapped already it's a winner, but I wouldn't put them on mine in a standard engine, when I fitted them in mine it did have quite a bit less torque which was instantly noticeable......the one your mate is looking at sounds pretty good tbf

From what I understand Catcams need precise timing to gain peak power, the standard tools don’t provide this and you need to use the “lift at TDC method using the Catcams tools or a butchered rocker cover and a vernier.

See now this is not what catcams told Ben when he spoke to them (which seems daft given they sell their own alignment tools)

Chris (efi Chris) also tried advancing and retarding the cam during mapping to ensure it was timed right, which it was.