Campaign To Stop The Sale Of Black Renault Diamonds (POLL ADDED)

Silver or Black Diamonds ?

• Silver

• Black

• Impartial

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep, terrible! Front diamond on mk4 does need hidden though as it's too big. A Renault designer talking about the forthcoming Meg RS said it was important to have a big silver diamond as they were proud of the logo. He's wrong. It's important to have a nice neat silver diamond like the mk3 Clios left the factory with.

Yep, terrible! Front diamond on mk4 does need hidden though as it's too big. A Renault designer talking about the forthcoming Meg RS said it was important to have a big silver diamond as they were proud of the logo. He's wrong. It's important to have a nice neat silver diamond like the mk3 Clios left the factory with.
Look my northern freind you know me a little and do I care what size colour the star Shape thing is as long as it stops and starts @Johnny99

Reactions: Johnny 99
Look my northern freind you know me a little and do I care what size colour the star Shape thing is as long as it stops and starts @Johnny99
Actually Kev I think you really do care about the bits in between starting & stopping! I.e you drive a Renaultsport because they are awesome in the way they take the corners & thrill you with how they immerse you into the driving experience! To quote Evo magazine's tag line " The thrill of driving"!

Actually Kev I think you really do care about the bits in between starting & stopping! I.e you drive a Renaultsport because they are awesome in the way they take the corners & thrill you with how they immerse you into the driving experience! To quote Evo magazine's tag line " The thrill of driving"!
ITS THE BEST BHP for the money nothing comes close and its getting to that time too

Reactions: Johnny 99
Guess?????
Spa!!!! I try to forget how easy it is for you to get there! There's only 2 things I miss from living in S.E. England - being able to sit in the garden after a barbecue at 2.00 am in a t shirt & shorts & easy access to "Le Continent". We have great, empty & lightly policed roads, but Oh how I envy your easy access to Spa! Been once as a passenger & once as a driver, but I can't see me ever wanting to stop going back to drive there! Once my wife's eye operations are done I will be meeting you there you can be sure.

Spa!!!! I try to forget how easy it is for you to get there! There's only 2 things I miss from living in S.E. England - being able to sit in the garden after a barbecue at 2.00 am in a t shirt & shorts & easy access to "Le Continent". We have great, empty & lightly policed roads, but Oh how I envy your easy access to Spa! Been once as a passenger & once as a driver, but I can't see me ever wanting to stop going back to drive there! Once my wife's eye operations are done I will be meeting you there you can be sure.
I do hope so and Eddie too

If you can't sit in the garden at 2am in shorts and a t-shirt then you clearly ain't had enough whisky, I thought that was a mandatory thing for all the Folk who move North "Must drink copious amounts of whisky" and "remember not to hunt the Haggis off season."

Sorry guys I just don't get the attraction of the black diamonds. I personally think they look tacky. For all the older boy racers among us they remind me off Peco exhausts! :pensive:

Cherry-bombs in the system you mean surely ? :smile: They could be purchased straight off the shelf at Halfords back in the day [Hang on.....I think they sold Peco's too]. The epitome of 'tat' either way agreed.....

I know this thread is all light-hearted (It is isnt it ?)...but the thing I have to 'smile at' is the fact that reading between the lines yours is possibly the least used car on the forum and with the amount of daylight it sees - does the colour of the badges even matter ? It's not like anyone gets to see or judge anyway.

You have one of the Worlds premier hot-hatch drivers cars. And it's literally stuck on your drive (ref: Heated, de-humidified, carpeted garage) :smile:

I've been there with at least one rather special motorbike I owned. And the more special it became - the less inclined I was to enjoy, use or even expose it to UK weather by so much as opening the garage door. Plus (like you ?): the less I used it - the lower the mileage and the greater the value it held.

I long ago decided life was too short to fret over that and hence now don't personally see the point in owning something you can't, wont or dont truly enjoy as intended. And in terms of a vehicle - that means driving the damn thing ! As much as I fully understand how you can gain enjoyment from owning a static object. But for me: life is too short and he who dies with the lowest miles / most vauable but least used car or bike most definitely doesnt win.

But: saying that - there's people here like Kevin and Johnny who must laugh themselves into the ground with the amount I clean and fettle. These guys just purely exploit the whole reason these cars were made and enjoy them for that purpose alone with no thought to mileage, cleanliness or future value !

I have no doubt neither has ever lost a single second of sleep worrying over the weekends weather forecast and when the hell they can fit a wash and wax in between showers like I most certainly do......

Horses for courses is all I'm saying..... :smile:

Reactions: Juk3sy
Cherry-bombs in the system you mean surely ? :smile: They could be purchased straight off the shelf at Halfords back in the day [Hang on.....I think they sold Peco's too]. The epitome of 'tat' either way agreed.....

I know this thread is all light-hearted (It is isnt it ?)...but the thing I have to 'smile at' is the fact that reading between the lines yours is possibly the least used car on the forum and with the amount of daylight it sees - does the colour of the badges even matter ? It's not like anyone gets to see or judge anyway.

You have one of the Worlds premier hot-hatch drivers cars. And it's literally stuck on your drive (ref: Heated, de-humidified, carpeted garage) :smile:

I've been there with at least one rather special motorbike I owned. And the more special it became - the less inclined I was to enjoy, use or even expose it to UK weather by so much as opening the garage door. Plus (like you ?): the less I used it - the lower the mileage and the greater the value it held.

I long ago decided life was too short to fret over that and hence now don't personally see the point in owning something you can't, wont or dont truly enjoy as intended. And in terms of a vehicle - that means driving the damn thing ! As much as I fully understand how you can gain enjoyment from owning a static object. But for me: life is too short and he who dies with the lowest miles / most vauable but least used car or bike most definitely doesnt win.

But: saying that - there's people here like Kevin and Johnny who must laugh themselves into the ground with the amount I clean and fettle. These guys just purely exploit the whole reason these cars were made and enjoy them for that purpose alone with no thought to mileage, cleanliness or future value !

I have no doubt neither has ever lost a single second of sleep worrying over the weekends weather forecast and when the hell they can fit a wash and wax in between showers like I most certainly do......

Horses for courses is all I'm saying..... :smile:
My dear heart I love the whole ownership thing the cleaning iam getting into because iam a tight arse Welshman. And my car was cheap but black but not to drive it would destroy me inside to leave it for weeks or months would be sacrilege Spa is 15 days away and iam like a kid at Christmas.But that's me drive the dam thing the French built it to be abused

Reactions: sevenfourate
This thread was meant to be indeed lighthearted. It's true im not a fan of black badges and certain things I like to keep original (my R1 has plenty of mods added to it). After a very long wait to find the right 197 I feel I found the right one and I want to keep it special. They're are many reasons I don't drive it, lack of time is one as I work long shifts and I have many family commitments. Cars have been vandilised outside my work, my elderly mother who I look after wouldn't be able to get in and out of the Recaros, in truth I would rather ride a bike than drive a car so in between all this its just easier to drive a 13 year old 182. What I get out of a car sitting doing nothing only matters to me and whatever it is it works for me. This thread was never meant to be personal. Everyone has different taste in cars/mods, some I like some I don't but that's life.

This thread was meant to be indeed lighthearted. It's true im not a fan of black badges and certain things I like to keep original (my R1 has plenty of mods added to it). After a very long wait to find the right 197 I feel I found the right one and I want to keep it special. They're are many reasons I don't drive it, lack of time is one as I work long shifts and I have many family commitments. Cars have been vandilised outside my work, my elderly mother who I look after wouldn't be able to get in and out of the Recaros, in truth I would rather ride a bike than drive a car so in between all this its just easier to drive a 13 year old 182. What I get out of a car sitting doing nothing only matters to me and whatever it is it works for me. This thread was never meant to be personal. Everyone has different taste in cars/mods, some I like some I don't but that's life.

Couldn't agree more. Whatever the reasons - it's your choice.

And it of course cuts the same for all of us :smile:

Enjoy....

Reactions: LOCKE
It's never personal my friend just a point of view my Scottish brother

Reactions: LOCKE
Ok.. The black diamond crew won the race as far as I can see!

So I have fashioned a new emote - not the best, but a damn site harder than it looks to make it with basic editing software lol!!

Enjoy!

Code:
:blackdiamond:

but....

Didn't think it'd be fair to leave the silver badge lovers hanging, so made another!

Enjoy!

Code:
:silverdiamond:

So you can carry on battling out which is better between you :wink:

Ok.. The black diamond crew won the race as far as I can see!

So I have fashioned a new emote - not the best, but a damn site harder than it looks to make it with basic editing software lol!!

Enjoy!

Code:

but....

Didn't think it'd be fair to leave the silver badge lovers hanging, so made another!

Enjoy!

Code:

So you can carry on battling out which is better between you :wink:

Not quite working yet my end Chris but I'm looking forward to it :excited: