200: Bunny hopping in 1st

Had my car a week now... its was an ex demo so has hardly been used.

It really doesnt like pulling away quickly in 1st gear, goes and then bunny hops.

Do the 197/200's need alot more gas to perform a 0-60 type pull away than the 172's used to.

Ive done plenty of track days, and racing so i know how to pull away quick. just cant seem to get it with the 200.

They tend to kangaroo when cold.

Some 98 RON should help you a little. :smile:

Turning the TCS will help a little too.

i never floor it when cold anyway, and its already running 99RON.

mine doesnt have a TCS button, only an ESP button, im assuming it just does both.

I suspect im just got giving it enough gas. it kinda feels like its burning the fuel and running out then burning the next batch and the same again.

It could just be i need to adjust to the short on off clutch again which ive not had in a while

I generally find mine only does it when cold and/or I'm not giving it enough gas coming off the clutch. Although it's a rarity. Probably only happened about 5 or 6 times in nearly 2 years.

It's not you, they all seem to do this from start. Mine is fine after a half mile of driving and switching to 98RON fuel has helped.

I think it's called character building!!!!!

im not overly fussed in one way.
Im not the kind to have races off lights anymore, and im not gonna be going on track etc.

I just pulled out quick on a roundabout today and it did it, i had to dump the clutch it stick it in 2nd.

if its cold it will run rough and not run smooth - once its been running a couple of minutes it should be fine...

if its doing it when its warm/hot then you have an issue!

LOL i'm glad i've read this mine does it when cold, quite embarrasing! but i'm learning my way round it at the minute.

Also, if you think these are bad try an e46 M3...!

You would think over the years Renault would have cured this problem it is annoying when cold, I know we all get used to it but why have they never found a cure ?

I believe this problem is worse on the 197's but I have also had this a couple of times with my 200 when I first brought it however nowadays I leave her to idle over for 30 seconds before driving and has been fine ever since. But as somebody else mentioned on here, if it's doing it whilst warm then there could be an issue?

Did it, I was wondering if its the map of the car to get a certain emission figure which manufacturers have to meet.

Mine did it once with my dad in the passenger seat coming out of a side street (car was warm), it made him laugh.

He still laughs about it now. says it was kangeroo juice :blush:mg:

I've got the hang of fast starts now, a chirp from the tyres and shes off.

Mine did it once with my dad in the passenger seat coming out of a side street (car was warm), it made him laugh.

He still laughs about it now. says it was kangeroo juice :blush:mg:

I've got the hang of fast starts now, a chirp from the tyres and shes off.

Exactly, i think in im 4 years with little 1 and 1.3 litre engines i think im just not used to putting my foot down enough lol

Strangely, my car hasn't done this for MONTHS. When I first had the car especially, but I can't even remember the last time I had it.

Maybe it's because I always plant it in first gear...

Similar Thread Suggestions