Newbie shopping for an 200 cup

Hello

Over the years I've developed my road car into a pretty serious track car, thus making it utterly horrible on the road.

So I'm after a Clio 200 cup for a weekend an evening run about, not intrested in a FF with cup pack, has to be full on cup. To be honest anything with more than 2 seats is just going to feel like a luxury.

Ideal spec would be:
  • White (lucky as most are)
  • Speedline alloys black
  • Recaro seats
  • AC not fussed
  • No spoiler
  • No window tints
  • Ideally un-modified
Been searching AutoTrader eBay ect but nothing has really stood out to me.

Already lined up a fitting private plate for one so a Cup is definitely on the cards

Sam

Reactions: Beany and BenAG200
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. The M3 looks great, having a 200 will make a nice pair of cars to own :thumb:

Good luck with the search, and anything we can help with, don't hesitate to ask!

Reactions: TrackM3
Oh and guys, Sam has one of the most famous M3s in the country and it's pretty bloody amazing.

Over the years I've developed my road car into a pretty serious track car, thus making it utterly horrible on the road.

Sam

I've ruined my clio by replacing most of the rubber parts with stiffer stuff but I love it :excited:

Thankyou for the warm Welcome

I give it a few months before you have the back out of it and a set of proper seats in it :smiley:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how long it stays standard for if you get one :tearsofjoy:

Haha you guys know me too well, no doubt I'll put my own stamp on it.

I've ruined my clio by replacing most of the rubber parts with stiffer stuff but I love it :excited:

Stiffer is always better, most of mine is pure solid ally mounts/bushes :grin:

Reactions: ///M
Sam, just to manage your expectations, in my experience, pretty much all the Cup cars will come with the spoiler.

There's a very nice 197 Cup in white with low miles on Pistonheads, but it's WAY north!

Sam, just to manage your expectations, in my experience, pretty much all the Cup cars will come with the spoiler.

There's a very nice 197 Cup in white with low miles on Pistonheads, but it's WAY north!

Wouldn't walk away from one if all the other spec is to my liking, imagine the spoilers sell pretty quick and would only need the top of the boot repainting.

Welcome & hope you find the right car quickly. What are the mods on the M3?

Wouldn't walk away from one if all the other spec is to my liking, imagine the spoilers sell pretty quick and would only need the top of the boot repainting.

...and filling! You could always get a new boot lid though, and that's off ANY Mk3 Clio as long as it's the right colour of course!

Reactions: ///M
There are a few on Gumtree too mate.

Good shout, forgot about gumtree.

Welcome & hope you find the right car quickly. What are the mods on the M3?

Lots :tearsofjoy: have a spec list somewhere, literally every inch of the car has been tinkered in some way or another. Like to keep it understated but just out and out fast on track.

...and filling! You could always get a new boot lid though, and that's off ANY Mk3 Clio as long as it's the right colour of course!

Good call on the MK3 lids, but welding holes ect isn't a problem.

Reactions: Micah
Good shout, forgot about gumtree.

Lots :tearsofjoy: have a spec list somewhere, literally every inch of the car has been tinkered in some way or another. Like to keep it understated but just out and out fast on track.

Good call on the MK3 lids, but welding holes ect isn't a problem.

After all the searching and watching the usual places like a hawk, we ended up getting ours on Gumtree.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6