Bunny Hop when Accelerating

Hi all,

I do a lot of green light pulls, like a boy racer :worried:

I notice a lot of the time that the car bunny hops for grip while going in to second, but today I had a big one that I literally felt though the entire steering column (I could see it move too)...

What sort of thing does this affect and what symptoms of wear should I look out for?

think the description is "axle tramp" "axle hop"...

might be better then dropping the clutch is to slip it slightly more to reduce the sudden transfer of torque to the road

think the description is "axle tramp" "axle hop"...

might be better then dropping the clutch is to slip it slightly more to reduce the sudden transfer of torque to the road

Thing is, my car does it when going from 1st to 2nd, not from the get go, I try not to rev is below 3k because of the flat spot.

Does this damage the chassis at all? I don't really mind if I need to replace top mounts or springs because I'm fancying an upgrade somewhere along the line.

the front wheels easily spin 1st to 2nd. if done harshly enough it will cause the car to stutter until it regains grip.

Yeah I agree it just sound like wheel spin. It just the fronts fighting for grip and feels like it's bouncing. Not so noticeable in the wet as the wheel spins more easily/less traction, but in the dry it'll bounce.

doesn't do the suspension bushes damper or springs much good doing that or engine mounts either