Brakes - Fast road and track set ups...IN HERE.

Still undecided on which disc's. I know what else buying as for pads, lines and fluid.

Ive decide i want to try drilled disc's as never used them before and want different look from grooves and standards

So got choice, weather buy genuine renault megane r26/r ones £195 can get them for

!B6EMkkQBGk~$(KGrHqIOKigEyVk!5E)gBMwE)r2wgw~~_12.jpg

or

brembo one's £150 but include pads but would sell them

$(KGrHqF,!hkE+3JQ3)FYBQK9vty2NQ~~60_12.jpg
(excuse pads)

Im Drawn to the OEM one's i think over brembo's for some reason. Thoughts?

I wouldn't get drilled discs full stop, prone to cracking if you're planning on hard use.

I had drilled discs on my last car and put them through some hard mileage on track and never had an issue.
It's pretty rare they go I'd say.

It is rare they do crack, think got be very unlucky or running them at extreme high temps which even on track shouldn't be cooking them. Ive seen solid disc crack before . Can happen to any i suppouse

If was constant issue i wouldnt bother with them

Last edited:
Ive just put DS2500 pad on all round on standard discs with tarox fluid,thought they were the same as standard at first as there was lots of snow so took it easy,had a quick blast earlier now they bedded in and wow very happy with the bite:thumbsup:

Reactions: alejandroargan
I've got a box of pads waiting to go on the rear with new discs in February. User reviews seem positive.

Did you fit them Noddie?

I'm stuck in the eternal commitment dilemma that is brake set up at the moment. I think I know which discs I want but pads is next on my agenda.

330mm performance friction 2 piece discs
Braided lines
Ds2500 pads all round
Motul 660 fluid

Thought I'd give a little 'insight', I'm running mintex 1144's at the mo and have been very impressed with them on road. Very good feel and nice bite even when cold. However, if you plan on doing trackdays (more than a couple per year) then they can be a bit out of their depth, depending how heavy on the brakes you are. Looking to put 1155's on soon and as long as they have the same characteristics as the 1144's with better track ability then they should be an extremely good option.

Yiannis - if it helps, I'm running ate Superblue race fluid and so far seems impressive.

Bought some Carbotech XP8s about a month ago. Since done 1 track day and a couple of blasts out with them. Don't think they were bedded in properly before the trackday despite giving them an absolute hammering for 30 mins trying to get them to fade.

Since then they are unbelievably good compared to the standard pads. Almost too sharp and too much stopping power for the road. Really don't need much pushing to stop sharpish. A bit of squel on light braking but not arsed about that.

Got another track day in may so will see how they do then.

£194 delivered for pads is not cheap but ......

MTEC drilled and grooved discs front and rear with Mintex M1144 on the front and pagid pads in the rear. Hel braided lines with Motul RB600 fluid.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388340430.662295.jpg
Just standard just now but;

Ferodo DS2500 pads all round

Mtec grooved and dimpled discs all round with black coating

Goodrich braided hoses
To be fitted...

Fluid is yet to be bought! Any recommendations?