Big Problems

bm147

Paid Member
Hello all,

Sorry for the long post

I'm having some major issues with dealers at the moment. The car went in for some warranty issues to Renault London West, one of which was the front drivers side alloy where the paint was chipping off.
When it went it they hadnt even looked for 2 days until they rang me back and said we have found nothing wrong with the car apart from the suspension mounts, we will be getting the parts in tomorrow. So i thought no probs, tomorrow came and they phoned me up again to say the part we have ordered in is the wrong part and so we cannot do anything until after the bank holiday weekend...

Then i ask about the alloy wheel, they then tell me that it has had a refurb and that they will not be touching it under warranty!!! Now i have never scuffed the alloys on that car nor have i had them refurbed! So i phoned up the dealer where i bought the car from, at first they were denying all knowledge on the matter until i got in-touch with RUK who then got them to admit that they had it refurbed in Oct'08. Cut a long story short RUK told me to pay for it and that Richard Sanders Renault would then re-imburse me the money when i sent them the invoice!

Then Renault London West tell me that the front bumper isnt the original bumper on the car as it is a darker colour to the rest of the car!! So again i phone Richard Sanders who deny all knowledge and give me some rubbish about how it may have happened at the import centre and that they have not touched it! RUK dont really want to know on the matter as it is between me and the dealer... Now i'm left with a car with a darker bumper with no-one to turn to and also to top it i've just got the car back and Renault London West have painted the alloy wheel the wrong colour and have put two dents in my drivers side door!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do next?

Bob

i've got a albi blue one and sometimes my rear bumper looks a different shade! Its just how some are i think aa i heard that these were hand-painted from new!!

bumper colour matching is not the best with Renault, never has been. The door dents, had this in the past, good luck getting them to do anything, and the wheel, make them do it the right colour or demand a refund at the least.

you do get a colour difference on the plastics parts on renaults - look at 172/182 front wings - but its not just renault that has that look - you need to have paint thickness checked this will show up if it has been painted

as for the other try someing like consumer direct - you can email them with your issues and they will advise

Last edited:
I'd go back there and rip faces off. How can they even talk sh*t to you about the front bumper is a different colour when everyone knows plastic parts always come up slightly different then metallic parts. Eitherway the original branch yours came from, are on some funny sh*t.. I'd dig deeper into the cars history

Renault dealers are stupid. One told me once that my RS front splitter was an aftermarket bodykit and it voided my warranty lmao.

Wouldnt of minded except it had 'RENAULT SPORT' carved into it!

Renault dealers are stupid. One told me once that my RS front splitter was an aftermarket bodykit and it voided my warranty lmao.

Wouldnt of minded except it had 'RENAULT SPORT' carved into it!

arghhhhh they tried that bulls**t talk with meeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell mate, I fill frustrated for you just reading what happened to you.

I take it you purchased the car second hand from a main dealer?

If I was you I would take the car to a different Renault garage, I don’t know where to recommend in London but other people have stated that when one dealer does not play ball they try another one and all there problems are sorted.

Few questions, how long have you owned the car for? How many miles have you done since buying the car? And how did you pay for the car?( finance, credit card) I only ask as you might be able to reject the car and hand it back or get compensation.

Have a read of this http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/c_secondhand_cars.pdf

Matt

Thanks for all your help guys.

The car is Albi Blue on a 58 Plate, car was bought on finance from Richard Sanders Renault in Kettering. Being based in London it is a bit of a trek to get to and from Kettering!

I have phoned RUK to check the cars history, but apparently it will take some time and they cannot guarantee that everything the car has had done will be listed!

I thought everything done to the car was logged against the chassis number, which is why i thought they always ask for it...?

I shall have a look at the website and see what they say.

The thing that is bugging me the most is the fact that the dealer lied to me and said nothing had ever been done to the car when quite clearly its had work done to it, also RUK have basically said to me i'm on my own... The interesting thing is the shock mount was replaced on the same side that the alloy had damage, and the shut lines on the front bumper are off too! I dont know if this is usual with all of them?

Bob

Good luck mate.stand your ground,speak to the md nicely and see what he he can do about it.they're barstxxd .

Hello all,

Sorry for the long post

I'm having some major issues with dealers at the moment. The car went in for some warranty issues to Renault London West, one of which was the front drivers side alloy where the paint was chipping off.
When it went it they hadnt even looked for 2 days until they rang me back and said we have found nothing wrong with the car apart from the suspension mounts, we will be getting the parts in tomorrow. So i thought no probs, tomorrow came and they phoned me up again to say the part we have ordered in is the wrong part and so we cannot do anything until after the bank holiday weekend...

Then i ask about the alloy wheel, they then tell me that it has had a refurb and that they will not be touching it under warranty!!! Now i have never scuffed the alloys on that car nor have i had them refurbed! So i phoned up the dealer where i bought the car from, at first they were denying all knowledge on the matter until i got in-touch with RUK who then got them to admit that they had it refurbed in Oct'08. Cut a long story short RUK told me to pay for it and that Richard Sanders Renault would then re-imburse me the money when i sent them the invoice!

Then Renault London West tell me that the front bumper isnt the original bumper on the car as it is a darker colour to the rest of the car!! So again i phone Richard Sanders who deny all knowledge and give me some rubbish about how it may have happened at the import centre and that they have not touched it! RUK dont really want to know on the matter as it is between me and the dealer... Now i'm left with a car with a darker bumper with no-one to turn to and also to top it i've just got the car back and Renault London West have painted the alloy wheel the wrong colour and have put two dents in my drivers side door!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do next?

Bob

Richard Saunders Kettering ???

All bumpers tend to be a slightly different colour to the body work as Renault buy them pre-sprayed so you often get a colour mis-match. The only colour that Renault spray all the bits in one go in liquid yellow, partly why its so expensive. I have seen some bumper that have a very bad match to the paintwork, I have to say that Albi blue is definately one of the worst for it :worried:

Thanks for all your help guys.

The car is Albi Blue on a 58 Plate, car was bought on finance from Richard Sanders Renault in Kettering. Being based in London it is a bit of a trek to get to and from Kettering!

I have phoned RUK to check the cars history, but apparently it will take some time and they cannot guarantee that everything the car has had done will be listed!

I thought everything done to the car was logged against the chassis number, which is why i thought they always ask for it...?

I shall have a look at the website and see what they say.

The thing that is bugging me the most is the fact that the dealer lied to me and said nothing had ever been done to the car when quite clearly its had work done to it, also RUK have basically said to me i'm on my own... The interesting thing is the shock mount was replaced on the same side that the alloy had damage, and the shut lines on the front bumper are off too! I dont know if this is usual with all of them?

Bob

I got my car from that garage as i live in Kettering , had no problem so far but the after sales service is shocking more the attitude of service manager